Dreambox

tommybhoy31

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just purchased a dreambox dm-500c & I was wondering if anyone could help me with details on how to configure it.

I'm in a NTHELL area in scotland.

Thanks in advance.

Tommybhoy

: spank :

if i were you id join a dreambox forum to find out more. this part of forum is for dbox.

and whats wrong with a DBOX2 anyway? dreamboxes are alot more hassle and for the price different......... PFFFFT.

Its a shame they are £130 and not a bit lower or i would buy one, i believe you need flashwizard pro 5 and the Gemini UK image then just do a scan for channels.

liam,

Already have the dbox sussed, heard the dreamboxes are more stable.I'm bored m8, need to get my teeth nto somethin new....!!

:ASSFLASH:

lol

im going to get one of these dreamboxes just to see what theyre like and if theyre any good. ive been offered £125 for my metallic blue sagem so i might take the guy up on that offer and get me a dreambox with the money.

I have sent you some files and info tommybhoy31 (please note nothing is proven thats why its gone via PM if tommy gets it going i will add attachments) if you get it working will you please post back with what you did for other members to follow...including me ;) .

Cheers for the files Stemcell, I'll give it a bash over the weekend and post how I got on!

Only really doing this as I heard that these were more stable than the dbox and you see stuff on fleabay that dboxes are going to run out?? Is it true, who knows? Most of my m8's are after a dbox now that the footie season has kicked in and I've had a few problem dboxes (less said the better!)

Cheers

How did you get on with this Tommy?

I've just ordered myself a Dreambox, I'm fed up looking at that pot ugly Dbox sitting on my telly so I bought a FTA101 which was utter crap, sold that and now I'm waiting on my DM-500 to arrive, please let it be better than the FTA101 :Jester:

witchy2k1 said:
How did you get on with this Tommy?
I've just ordered myself a Dreambox, I'm fed up looking at that pot ugly Dbox sitting on my telly so I bought a FTA101 which was utter crap, sold that and now I'm waiting on my DM-500 to arrive, please let it be better than the FTA101 :Jester:

did you get your box? I ordered mine today from satstore.
Any tips on getting it working? images etc?
thanks

I still have the Dreambox files including the image and a knocked up basic tutorial on what to do from what i have read on this subject but as i dont have a dreambox i cannot test it , here is a link to the file which hopefully has what you need inside it.

stemcell said:
I still have the Dreambox files including the image and a knocked up basic tutorial on what to do from what i have read on this subject but as i dont have a dreambox i cannot test it , here is a link to the file which hopefully has what you need inside it.

thanks for that 'stemcell'

I'll let you know how I get on.

Hi guys, mine came tonight and ive buggered it up already, used the above image, got connected flashed correctly but the software has not flashed properly, so now im left with a box which doesnt boot, so i cant get connected by ftp, or find the ip address,

any ideas? or is it now a very expensive book end ? I AM a Numpty !!!

spamvalley said:
Hi guys, mine came tonight and ive buggered it up already, used the above image, got connected flashed correctly but the software has not flashed properly, so now im left with a box which doesnt boot, so i cant get connected by ftp, or find the ip address,
any ideas? or is it now a very expensive book end ? I AM a Numpty !!!

ur goin to hav to use the serial cable to do it m8,
happened to me a few times playin around :Cheers:

Cheers, guys i really passed a brick last night :p , will do tonight, must say the the box is tiny as is the remote control :p

Get it flashed tonight again tonight,

Does anyone by chance have the Neutrino flash; 1106Z image from rudbox ?? for the dreambox, i am more at home with these images.

there is a neutrino image out but when i tried it wasnt configured for the uk as only had kabel deutchland to scan and had no emu

Hi there was reading on another forum, that it works 100% , you can download the additional files required at rudboxs forum, but the image is was in the test section - and is now unable to download :(

I can wait till the final image is released, just fancied having a go myself, thats all

i will stick to flashing Gemini until then

Back