DM800se HD triple tuner

i posted a backup on forum somewhere been using sunray for nearly 3 years with trial tuner and open pli 2.1 tried the way you can edit xml for cable and sat in 1 xml but didn't like as you have to change tuner everytime you go from cable to sat

Still getting scan failed
Flashed with OpenATV-4.1-beta-dm800se #ssl84d added the trial tuner set up for my netid and scanned with cable scan 6952/bruteforce and virgin uk and I have'nt found any channels at all. I am wondering if I am adding the correct cables.xml file, and I am I transferring it to the correct place.
Also can anyone confirm my netid as I am using the one I used years ago and I know there have been some changes

Rochdale
netid 61040
freq 666
symb rate 6952

thanks

Last edited:
Still getting scan failed
Flashed with OpenATV-4.1-beta-dm800se #ssl84d added the trial tuner set up for my netid and scanned with cable scan 6952/bruteforce and virgin uk and I have'nt found any channels at all. I am wondering if I am adding the correct cables.xml file, and I am I transferring it to the correct place.
Also can anyone confirm my netid as I am using the one I used years ago and I know there have been some changes

Rochdale
netid 61040
freq 666
symb rate 6952

thanks

OPenATV is a OE2.0 image the trail tuner driver for OE2.0 has a bug and does not work with qam 256 and you need that.

Go back to a oe1.6 image and use the trial tuner driver 1.0.3b and youll get it to scan.

OPenATV is a OE2.0 image the trail tuner driver for OE2.0 has a bug and does not work with qam 256 and you need that.

Go back to a oe1.6 image and use the trial tuner driver 1.0.3b and youll get it to scan.

Cheers ferret I will give it a go tomorrow and will post back, hopefully with a smiley face :)))))

If I can offer any advice it would be get shot of that tuner and just buy a cable one. I got fed up with being stuck on older images and even then, tuner driver 1.0.3b has some other bugs that get annoying.

If I can offer any advice it would be get shot of that tuner and just buy a cable one. I got fed up with being stuck on older images and even then, tuner driver 1.0.3b has some other bugs that get annoying.

hahahaha I now know what you are saying mate, I will give it another try and probably get a cable tuner.

Anybody else reading this DON'T buy a sr4!!!!

Well that's another 4hrs gone and not 1 channel found!!

Is it possible I have a faulty tuner, I have tried a couple of oe1.6 images and installed the trial tuner driver 1.0.3b.
The tuner is reading the xml file
Another odd thing, is it ok that all of the netid cant be entered should be 61040 but only 4 spaces so should it be 6104??

I found that even on oe 1.6 images it was still a bit picky where it would work, the best image I found with it was rossi's classic dbuk 2.1.2 image which should still be in the downloads somewhere. Great image back in the day that one :)

Also, sometimes it would sit there scanning and then say scan failed at the end but if you go into satellites and choose cable, all services would be there anyway so try that if you haven't already!

I am making some progress thanks to all that helped and deej01 for pointing me to his backup.
Still a fair bit to work out yet, but I will give it a crack before I cave in to spending more money on a cable tuner.
As some of you guy's say, some of the addons we are all used to are not going to work on the oe1.6 image.

Cheers 003

Just an update
I have finally got my sr4 up and running sweet as a nut!
Had to replace the PLI server feeds in the image deej01 so I could clean it up.
But I can zap from sat to cable with no issues now and I managed to get pluginmover working, now I have all the plugins I need.
Cross epg set up for sat and epg import set for cable.

Happy day's Thanks again for the help

Back