Freesat signal

eder

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Hey all, I have a coaxial connection directly to my LG tv to watch freesat channels, etc. lately I noticed a few channels where the signal strength dropped significantly, and this week a few of them just simply stopped loading altogether!

Like BBC one is fine but BBC One HD doesn't even load.

I tried to tidy up the coaxial connection thinking it was a dodgy cable but still no luck. I also checked the dish and it still in the same position as always.

Any suggestion as to what it may be causing it?

Is it just horizontal polarities or just vertical? If so prob the lnb. If it's a old quad lnb try swapping ports. Could also be water ingress.
Thank you. I'm not entirely sure on the first part here. I did think it could be a LNB issue or water ingress.

I guess I need borrow a very tall ladder from someone and take a look! The b*stard is at the very top of the house!

If you're still struggling after doing your fault finding, consider replacing with a new cable run, particularly if it's been there for many years.

Thank you. I'm not entirely sure on the first part here. I did think it could be a LNB issue or water ingress.

I guess I need borrow a very tall ladder from someone and take a look! The b*stard is at the very top of the house!
Make a list of missing channels, check them on here
Astra 2E/2F/2G at 28.2°E - LyngSat

to see if a mix of polarities or all Horizontal or vertical, if it's all the same it's usually a failure in one port of the quad lnb and can be swapped to a free port.
If its single lnb it's on it ps lnb failure and needs replacing.
But before replacing with new check for water ingress or refit f connector further down the cable if possible, cutting few inches off the cable first.

Thanks @manic01, looking at the list is a mixture of V and H. CBS, BBC One HD.

I get up the ladder and look at the lnb. Thanks for your help!

Well if it does not solve it redoing the fconnector at the dish end, it looks like your dish has been knocked out of alignment, the recent winds maybe.

Back