dm800 wont boot,

yes just lob the end off and use the correct wire :) you are almost there, nothing to lose if you plan sending it away.

yeah true i suppose mate, i took box round to friends yesterday to double check everything with his multimeter aswell as had bit of trouble with first multimeter i used, got another and got different results as thought mine was playing up, so tested with another friends yesterday, chargers at his aswell but im gona go pick it up at half6ish tonight, so may aswell have a little bit more of a mess, so i lob the end off how do i find out which wire to use ?

use your multimeter, if you get a -V you have got them the wrong way round ie whatever is touching the red multimeter leg would be the negative

use your multimeter, if you get a -V you have got them the wrong way round ie whatever is touching the red multimeter leg would be the negative

what wire or wires do i have to connect to leg on the chip though to get it to get the 5v needed, ? thanks for helping mate

well you would connect the positive wire to the 5v leg and the negative to ground, then the 12v leg wire would go to the alternate 12v source and another ground from the leg to the ground in the pic.
But you are connecting 2 power inputs now to 1 device and this is not the best, i read the thread and the guy says to keep following the track from the 5v leg until you pick up 5v, there must be 5v on the board somewhere which will make it much neater and easier, or have you considered just replacing the LM regulator altogether?

well you would connect the positive wire to the 5v leg and the negative to ground, then the 12v leg wire would go to the alternate 12v source and another ground from the leg to the ground in the pic.
But you are connecting 2 power inputs now to 1 device and this is not the best, i read the thread and the guy says to keep following the track from the 5v leg until you pick up 5v, there must be 5v on the board somewhere which will make it much neater and easier, or have you considered just replacing the LM regulator altogether?

or i really dont fancy doing the nokia charger thing, its hard to follow the track form the 5v, as from the leg it goes to the alternative 5v place in the picture, but that just seems to be in the middle of no where, i think the only thing i can do is replace the LM regulater, il have a look around for some and post them on here so you could check to see if they ok ? yeah defo think thats the only thing i can do at this point as really dont fancy paying 45 quid,

yea that's it, that's a dreambox shop youv'e linked to and it looks like it's in europe, i dont know if that's pricey or not it does seem a bit much for a Vr.

yea that's it, that's a dreambox shop youv'e linked to and it looks like it's in europe, i dont know if that's pricey or not it does seem a bit much for a Vr.

yeah i was bit surprised by the price, but i cant seem to find one anywhere else,

have u emailed the primusat guy that made the thread you linked to? he sells spares i think.

have u emailed the primusat guy that made the thread you linked to? he sells spares i think.

no i ant, thats same guy on ebay who fixes some so he should have a few, il try emailing him thanks mate, ive found a few of the lm2596 chips i think it is the 5 leg ones that come on some dm800's but stil only found that one lm2599 that my dm800 needs,

the bottom one does the 5v so it must be that one (460-695), the top only outputs 3.3v

Back