Challenge for you all

pt-1, the "special files" links you have provided in page 3 of this thread seam to be dead :(

ok i compiled the image with all the files from pt-1(thanks again genius) into image, overwrite cables xml. and scan.conf for uk scanning, had to do a couple of scans to pick up all channels, the ones that were missing came up in neuwe sender after i turned on sectionsd, the image is rock solid, like menacez i had a picture freeze after about 2hours but no chirping, changed channel and back and ok, no need to reboot, magic, thanks to all who contributed in this thread, hope this helps all the long sagem sufferers.....cheers

Im trying this on an old sagem that chirps. Lots of channels work ok, but lots only give a black screen. Is there any way to change the ucodes, or the cam? I can`t seem to find any of the normal hardware settings.

Im trying this on an old sagem that chirps. Lots of channels work ok, but lots only give a black screen. Is there any way to change the ucodes, or the cam? I can`t seem to find any of the normal hardware settings.

Give us a little more info mate; is it black screening after a while or literally as soon as you change it? Can you hear anything? Have you checked sig levels (red > blue) on the black chans?

Have you replaced your services.xml file in /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/ ?

I doubt this is a ucode issue; you should do a scan if you don't have a services.xml file handy m8.

Menacez

NOTE: no way to change ucodes or camd since it only has gbox and built in ucode 0014..

Last edited:
like you menacez i had exactly the same issues with a sagem1x, for over a year i tried everything i read to try and solve the problem, alas to no avail, in the end i bought a nokia as i was so fed up rebooting the sagem every 15 mins, especially when footie was on, like devilfish said it might be a psu problem or a tuner problem as i have read also, i too tried every image available( became a dab hand at flashing lol), any way had no problems with the nokia.........good luck

Ahh well, atleast the chirps have gone following this thread mate :)

Give us a little more info mate; is it black screening after a while or literally as soon as you change it? Can you hear anything? Have you checked sig levels (red > blue) on the black chans?

Have you replaced your services.xml file in /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/ ?

I doubt this is a ucode issue; you should do a scan if you don't have a services.xml file handy m8.

Menacez

NOTE: no way to change ucodes or camd since it only has gbox and built in ucode 0014..

I have valid services/bouquet files for my area but only some of the channels clear. Its totally random what clears and what doesnt fta or encrypted. Sig levels are fine and the channels clear fine with other images. Im just puzzled. ;)

This original Image is a legal Image so there is no need to change cam's or Ucodes etc.

No MENU for anything like this !

I have valid services/bouquet files for my area but only some of the channels clear. Its totally random what clears and what doesnt fta or encrypted. Sig levels are fine and the channels clear fine with other images. Im just puzzled. ;)

I've only had these with certain ITV1 channels (where it will be blank when I switch to it - I can't hear sound either) To fix, I just swap with another one from the bunch which works.

Not sure whats going on here if it also occurs on other FTA & encrypted chans...

Last edited:
Given the feedback on this image, it appears that quite a few peeps have had their chirping fixed on those dodgy sagems which have long been given up on...

If we recall the original issue; it only chirps on Encrypted channels, we know that it had to do with the emu's (evocamd,newcamd,mgcamd).

With this image though, JTG use the GBOX emu - This is what I believe fixes the chirping.

1) Now the question is, how easy would it be to import the GBOX emu & conf files into another image and get this running to prove whether it is indeed this emu...

2) It may also be something to do with /var/keys/cwshare.cfg file settings:

# Please use NOT eNX check/reset for this Image!!
# This Image make this better and faster. ;)

# allow maximum 06 share level for recieved card data
I: { 03 }

# 01 repeat EMM's
# 00 consider every EMM only once
# 01 restart pid on overflow
# 1* reset ENX on every channel change
# *1 check/reset ENX freezes on FTA
# *2 check/reset ENX freezes on PayTV
# *3 check/reset ENX freezes on FTA and PayTV
# *7 check/reset /tmp/nopic on FTA and PayTV
# 00 write nothing in atack.txt
# 01 write into atack.txt: password is wrong
# 02 write into atack.txt: ID unknown
# 04 write into atack.txt: IP is wrong
# 08 write into atack.txt: port is worng
# 10 write into atack.txt: share.stat
# 20 create online.log for online/offline logging
# 3F write everything. (combine bits for other combinations)
# 3500 send ecm again after 3,5 Seconds if no reply
# 6000 resync decode after 6 Seconds if net decode failed
N: { 01 01 00 00 3500 6000 }

# Send ECM's at maximum cards (please use 5 to 10 as default)
X: { 07 }

File also attached to see the configuration tree.

Appreciate if anyone has any thoughts on this.

Cheers,
Menacez

Last edited:
2x Virgin but premodded to english and directorys created

or you can download unmodded
http://jtgimage.dyndns.tv/v2.2/neutrino/JtG_Neutrino_Komplett_2x__v2.2.4.rar

PT-1,

Although I don't have a 2xI box at hand, is it safe to say that the Jack The Grabber image compiled by renwich uses the GBOX emu and may fix this issue?

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/index.php?resources/872/

If not, I can certainly compile your new 2x image (premodded to english) - Please let me know where I can grab the modded one from.

Cheers,
Menacez

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi xenafan, The download doesnt seem to work. Error file not found come up on the browser?

Looks like something up with the downloads tried a few other images the same Error file not found downloaded ok when i put it up i downloaded and extracted and re-flashed to make sure everything was ok just have to wait while downloads fixed sorry about that m8.

Cheers

Last edited:
Final report back on this image, I can confirm this has definately fixed my problematic sagem x1 box, used to get variations of chirping, blank screen, freezing, locking up etc depending on which image/settings i used. With this image it has been perfect for 4 days. Big Thanks to all involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back