Cant ftp to Commando 15

Black_Gold

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi all finally got my dm500 out the loft but having a bit of bother ive put Commando 15 on it but when i tried to ftp to the box im getting wrong password response. at first in ftp pass word was dreambox wouldnt login i found the setting in Commando to reset the password so I did it said password Commando 15 tried that still cant ftp also tried default no password as in blank any help appreciated

Username: telnet
Password: root
IP Address: N/A
SSID: N/A

Default Settings for the Dreambox All models

username: root
password: (blank)

yep tried that and password dreambox but still wrong password ive only just put the image on myself i aint got a serial port so ftp the image to tmp folder to upgrade so without the password i cant even put the image back on FFS lol

you must have changed the default password.

there is an option to do an online update with commando image.

that might reset you log in details....

Could it be because I aint got the cable feed in yet I am waiting for a connection getting dropped off later ? was just trying to install the cams

maybe, if there are timers set.
for instance, if it's set to load epg at startup and there's no connection then box will be busy.

Try root for user and commando for password. That's what it was for previous versions.

connected to the cable still the same and no passwords seem to connect

i cant even scan for channels it just comes up transponder scan failed

Lol yes pal just need to find a pc with a serial ill see if i can dig one out tomorrow im sure ive got one stored somewhere with the old VHS recorder

I think even with a crossover cable you still need a login

Back