BOXING: Pavlik vs Hopkins

Gargamel

Inactive User
Reaction score
wow - I called this one TOTALLY wrong!

I was so sure the same Hopkins who tired in the late rounds against Calzaghe would show up and Pavlik's big straight punches and better fitness would get him a late win.

But I've just washed my mouth out with soap and promised that I'll never doubt B.Hop again!!

Old boy was amazing in there last night and he made Pavlik look so basic. It was like a man versus a boy.

So much so, that afterwards when he went to Pavlik's corner and was talking to him for ages - Pavlik just stood there nodding the whole time, like a kid in school listening to his favourite teacher!!

Whoever wins RJJ vs Calzaghe must have been watching that last night and thinking "Oh sh*t..."

1. pressures of calzaghe to fight pavlik now, if calzaghe beats jones he can retire

hopkins was fantastic last night. gave everything, pavlik was like a 43 washed up fighter he was lost and didnt know what to do. all credit to b-hop

1 hopkins 10 pavlik 9
2 hopkins 10 (20) pavlik 9 (18)
3 hopkins 10 (30) pavlik 9 (27)
4 hopkins 10 (40) pavlik 10 (37)
5 hopkins 10 (50 ) pavlik 9 (46)
6 hopkins 10 (60) pavlik 10 (56)
7 hopkins 10 (70) pavlik 9 (65)
8 hopkins 10 (80 ) pavlik 8 (73)
9 hopkins 9 (89) pavlik 10 (83)
10 hopkins 10 (99) pavlik 10 (93)
11 hopkins 10 (109) pavlik 9 (102)
12 hopkins 10 (119) pavlik 8 (110)

Hopkins 119
Pavlik 110

was scoring the fight as it went along lol

Big diff from the Calzaghe fight.

Looks like Hopkins will be around for at least one more big fight.

Yes just watched this on setanta 2 rerun well eh Hopkins basically took the piss you would never have thought he was 43 years of age it was a boxing masterclass by Hopkins and a very good fight. I also thought Pavlik would of had too much in the later rounds for Hopkins but eh just goes to show.

wow - I called this one TOTALLY wrong!

I was so sure the same Hopkins who tired in the late rounds against Calzaghe would show up and Pavlik's big straight punches and better fitness would get him a late win.

But I've just washed my mouth out with soap and promised that I'll never doubt B.Hop again!!

Old boy was amazing in there last night and he made Pavlik look so basic. It was like a man versus a boy.

So much so, that afterwards when he went to Pavlik's corner and was talking to him for ages - Pavlik just stood there nodding the whole time, like a kid in school listening to his favourite teacher!!

Whoever wins RJJ vs Calzaghe must have been watching that last night and thinking "Oh sh*t..."

I predicted Hopkins would win this fight quite comfortably and he did. Like Calzaghe I think Pavlik is way over rated a decent jab is about how strong his arsenal is and against wiley veterans like Hopkins that simply wasnt going to work.

Hopkins seemed to be much fitter for this fight than the Calzaghe one and lets face it this Hopkins, couldve handed Calzaghe his first defeat if he had shown up in the condition.

It was embarassing to watch a boxer 26 years old supposedly reaching his prime, being taken out by someone 17 years his elder. No matter what you do, you cant replace experience and ring savvy.

I hope Roy Jones puts Calzaghe in his place, as I'm sure you would agree a Roy Jones in his heyday would have no trouble taking out a Calzaghe even at his best.

I think Pavlik is way over rated a decent jab is about how strong his arsenal is and against wiley veterans like Hopkins that simply wasnt going to work...

lol yeah true mate.

in fact did u hear Hopkins trainer in between one of the rounds saying to B.Hop about Pavlik: "they've already made this sucker into a superstar and all he's got is a jab!" - i thought that was really funny.

lol yeah true mate.

in fact did u hear Hopkins trainer in between one of the rounds saying to B.Hop about Pavlik: "they've already made this sucker into a superstar and all he's got is a jab!" - i thought that was really funny.

His corner were so entertaining it was unreal, they was slating Pavlik as he had no answer for Hopkins strategy. That fat bloke in Hopkins corner with the hat thing on was just pure comedy. I've seen the fight about 3 times in total and it was a total annihilation from start to finish, have to take my hat off to Hopkins he had that planned to the Tee.

I now hope Roy Jones Jr is a even a shadow of his prime, then it really is game on.

Back