Bernard Hopkins

Gargamel

Inactive User
Reaction score
Did anyone else watch the Hopkins vs Pascal fight last night?

What a don Bernard Hopkins is... the guy is 46 beating 28 yr olds!

The moment at the break of Round 7 when he dropped to the floor and did a set of press-ups while he was waiting for Pascal to come out the corner was HILARIOUS!!! lol

Salute B.Hop!

Personally I think it was a bit disrespectful of him to do what he did. He's not the fighter he once was. I hope Nathan Cleverly bangs him out.

Personally I think it was a bit disrespectful of him to do what he did. He's not the fighter he once was. I hope Nathan Cleverly bangs him out.

No way Cleverly should be stepping into the ring with Hopkins any time soon, he would get killed. Be like putting a cat in a box with a pitbull.

No way Cleverly should be stepping into the ring with Hopkins any time soon, he would get killed. Be like putting a cat in a box with a pitbull.

I agree that Hopkins is the more rounded fighter. But I think Cleverly has the power to take him out.

I agree that Hopkins is the more rounded fighter. But I think Cleverly has the power to take him out.

To be honest mate, Pascal is a massive banger and he couldn't do Hopkins, so I really doubt Cleverly has it in him to do him either.

Hopkins is a sly, wiley old bastard and Pascal was in one of the fights of the year a little while ago against Frotch.

Cleverly is far, far, far too wet behind the ears to step to that sort of level at the minute and I would be very surprised if he isn't 'protected' Amir Khan style, for a couple more years yet. By the time he is ready, Hopkins will surely be retired.

To be honest mate, Pascal is a massive banger and he couldn't do Hopkins, so I really doubt Cleverly has it in him to do him either.

Hopkins is a sly, wiley old bastard and Pascal was in one of the fights of the year a little while ago against Frotch.

Cleverly is far, far, far too wet behind the ears to step to that sort of level at the minute and I would be very surprised if he isn't 'protected' Amir Khan style, for a couple more years yet. By the time he is ready, Hopkins will surely be retired.

Personally I dont rate froch. I find him a trash talking bum. I would fancy Cleverly against him tbh.

Personally I dont rate froch. I find him a trash talking bum. I would fancy Cleverly against him tbh.

Taste aside, Froch is made of granite and proved it many times. With all due respect, Cleverly has a lot to prove and respect to earn.

Hopkins as lost twice to Jermain Tailor and Froch has beat Taylor, so that should speak volumes.

Cleverly is just too young and inexperience to be mixing it with the big boys... He'd get killed against Hopkins, Pascal or Froch mate...

Taste aside, Froch is made of granite and proved it many times. With all due respect, Cleverly has a lot to prove and respect to earn.

Hopkins as lost twice to Jermain Tailor and Froch has beat Taylor, so that should speak volumes.

Cleverly is just too young and inexperience to be mixing it with the big boys... He'd get killed against Hopkins, Pascal or Froch mate...

TBH mate, I dont rate many in the division. Froch is a bum. He wanted Calzaghe for so long, but Calzaghe would of killed him. I seriously fancy Cleverly agains Taylor or Froch, Hopkins might be too wiley as you said mate, but Cleverly is the next big thing in the division.

hahaha that was brilliant, the ref laughing just made it 10 times as funny. People pay for entertainment and that was entertainment

YouTube - ‪Bernard hopkins doing push ups in Pascal fight‬‏

Exactly! And after the drab affair that was Mosley vs Pacquaio it was nice to have genuine boxing entertainment in a big fight weekend.

Enjoyed the Groves vs Chunky fight as well. Am surprised Frank Warren doesn't keel over and have a seizure one of these days - he turns into a wild man at ringside shouting and jumping up and down!

Back