Blooming drunks on public transport

audiobookman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Well im at home now recovering after some idiot decided that they would use thier head to try and stop my train, thank you very much for ruining my christmas.
Luckly for them they are ok, and the damage isnt too bad, but they will always regret what they done.
Whilst im very sad at the whole mess, i cannot accept responsiblity of their actions, i never asked them to drink so much they didnt know that a speeding train would be a good idea to headbutt,
From a drivers perspective - i hear a very loud bang and try to stop the behemoth from stopping, as soon as i try to apply the brakes nothing it seems happens, i can only watch in horror - im now a passenger on my own train with a birds eye view on the horror. Im now responsible to get people of the train, (as usual some are pretty rude and cannot accept that the train will not be driven by the same driver as shock is terrible when it kicks in), the welfare of the hit passenger, the state of the railway (getting trains to stop behind me so there not stuck. We have to communicate this to our control centres who can sometimes be .......
we get questions of our actions by police (tested for drugs and alchol), not nice going over and over the incident straight after the fact. We have to sit thier and watch whilst emergancy crews have to perform cpr or worst on the person.

Im now a wreck, ive had sleepless nights, not eating, constantly trembling, and snapping with the kids. All signs of shock. Thankfully we have a good network at work to help with this sort of incident when they happen and i plan to take advantage of this.
I have no idea when i will be fit to return to work and do my duties, please people if your too drunk take a cab, where your going to cause less damage, or better still get a friend to look out for you who is sober.

Its a shambles we have to put up with on a daily basis though m8 , xmas and new yr just make it worse. Touch wood ive not struck a person but god only know how id cope with it afterwards.

I know all the ins and outs of the procedure being a driver myself. Keep your chin up m8 easier said than done I know.

Sorry to hear m8, no idea what your going through but try not to let it spoil Xmas too much

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Sorry to hear that, hopefully getting it off your chest here will have helped a little. Take full advantage of the help network M8 and all the best to you and your family - Xmas break may help a little too.

im a bus driver and I have to deal with this on a regular basis

I was saddened when I read about this, and hope it does not have a serious lasting effect on you audiobookman. As you know things could have turned out a lot worse. So maybe you can be thankful for that.
Hope you and yours are over the worst of it now m8 ;)

Last edited:
im a bus driver and I have to deal with this on a regular basis
The sooner they take Alan Pardew's bus pass away the better!

No disrespect to the op. Just couldn't let that one get away.
I'll take it on the chin ;)

Thanks guys, yes im back in the cab and have been for a while now thanks for the kind words, it did ruin christmas to a certain degree for me, but im over it now and back doing the job im trained to do.

Since then we have had a few nasty incidents on our line, only tonight we had a woman hit by a train - the job was shut down for an hour and half while the network incident managers / paramedics and police delt with the carnage. From the looks of the track after when i passed after its looks like it was a terrible one, i just really feel for the driver now and really hope he or she gets all the support they need.

Im also an ex bus driver/ coach and hgv class 1, the difference between is when i hit my brakes i dont stop we are passingers on our own trains, on a bus it does stop a lot more effectively and you can take action to avoid this sort of incident. Ive got a lot of respect for bus drivers in a demanding thankless job ive been there and got the teeshirt.

Glad to hear your back at work mate not nice when things like this happen. They should ban drunk people travelling on the trains.

btw Your not the same driver on the District Line who likes to sing when the train is stationary by any chance are you?

NOOOO, but i know the person you are talking about, it would be a good idea for me to sing though - could clear my train late in the evening when im trying to stable it and the drunks wont move.
i dont work on district line, i wont say on a public forum where i work as ive seen to many people in the past get in trouble for that!.

Nice to hear you are back in the cab.

There is nothing you can do about them.

Thankfully the support on the dark side of the white and yellow lines is very good.

Back