Bitcoin wallet sharing

lagigolo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a bitcoin wallet app with a very small amount in it. Should anything happen to me, i would like my friend to have it. This person has no idea what bitcoin is and are not very computer savvy. But i rather it went to them than get lost in the ether.
Should i download the app on their phone for them and set it up, so if they ever needed to try and do something with it they should be able to log in and send it somewhere. If i give them my seed, i think they will be totally lost if they need to try and setup a wallet from scratch.
Its not something i use very often but worth keeping.

That's a really thoughtful consideration you're making for your friend. Given that they're not tech-savvy or familiar with crypto, I get why you'd be cautious about just handing over a seed phrase.

I have a bitcoin wallet app with a very small amount in it. Should anything happen to me, i would like my friend to have it. This person has no idea what bitcoin is and are not very computer savvy. But i rather it went to them than get lost in the ether.
Should i download the app on their phone for them and set it up, so if they ever needed to try and do something with it they should be able to log in and send it somewhere. If i give them my seed, i think they will be totally lost if they need to try and setup a wallet from scratch.
Its not something i use very often but worth keeping.
This just isn't a good idea. You'd be better off getting a hardware wallet or similar, loading it with your seed phrase, then putting that in a lockbox with express instructions on what to do if you die. That way you could increase your stake and not worry too much.

Back