Are You Going To Pay ?

Having been a loyal Sly customer for the best part of 20 years - paying in the region of £10k in that time, the way they treated me when I tryed to cancel my sub was disgraceful.
Calling in debt collection agencies to chase a payment of £57 for a months sub which they said was outstanding. Excuse me but thats no way to treat a loyal customer.
After raising an official complaint with Sly they offered me the princely sum of £10 compensation. Thanks Sly for your genorosity !
Anyway after getting myself a motorised set-up, doing the reaearch on the net, lots of trips up and down ladders I've now managed to watch more live football than I ever did with Sly !
Total cost about £250 and no monthly sub.
So in the past year alone I've saved around £700 that I would have payed to Sly.

So I wont be going back to Sly as long as ive got a hole in my ar*e !

no such thing as loyalty with that money grabbing empire

I would consider paying if the channels would work on my solo2 box, but this lockdown also stops any 3rd party box been use legit or not, so I am not going to pay for 2 reasons

(a) principle, I don't like sky's business practices so anti competitive, I mean upping prices by 10% when loss of content. making new channels to be anti competitive etc.
(b) forced to use their very inferior set top boxes.

sd still working isn't the end of the world so things are still ok at the moment.

Well I wish there was a thread/topic made pointing out exactly what is available out there..apart from cable for now..
Plenty keep pointing out there are alternatives but no one seems enclinded to enlighten us.

+1 indeed
how to motorize dish, who to contact, how to use other sats, what other English channels is there etc?

need a howto guide for all this stuff.

personally I have already cancelled my full sub to BskyB which was £70 plus per month, If i cant use my card in a receiver of my choice, I will not be forced to use a shitty sky box. we are also in the process of submitting a petition to the government via their e-petition scheme but it's a waiting game to see if they will approve it or weather it gets the kibosh due to murdock and his cronies in government.

Ofcom already tried to kneecap sky and lost after a court case, capitalism is too strong, they got hurt in the process and are now much more cautious with enforcing regulation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a chance in hell + I am not in the UK....except for using Sky Offshore which is even more expensive....

fully subscribed here @least till the sd channels go black

then i guess gone for me

Last edited by a moderator:
I was also disappointed by my treatment. 10 years + subscription with 10 year old boxes and wanted to continue my service but wanted new boxes. Offered me nothing so threatened to leave and as I had no Cable on my street they didn't care. Can't believe the offer new customers much better deals than the loyal ones.

I was also disappointed by my treatment. 10 years + subscription with 10 year old boxes and wanted to continue my service but wanted new boxes. Offered me nothing so threatened to leave and as I had no Cable on my street they didn't care. Can't believe the offer new customers much better deals than the loyal ones.

I've just gone back to Sly after approx 5 years. As with you I can't get cable so they offered me absolutely fcuk all. When I left I was paying £72pm for films, variety, sports & HD. There was no SlyGo and OnDemand was virtually non existent. My new 12 month contract is approx £57pm for the first 6 months (extra £10pm after that) for the same services I had before with a £125 voucher for M&S. I've now got SlyGo & OnDemand is a damn sight better than it was 5 years ago. I can't for the life of me fathom out why prices have reduced.

I didn't want to go back but after recent changes elsewhere I didn't have any choice.

will never pay again! sd is fine just wish the channel updates would stop so my mates stop ringing me with scrambled!

I would consider paying if the channels would work on my solo2 box, but this lockdown also stops any 3rd party box been use legit or not, so I am not going to pay for 2 reasons

(a) principle, I don't like sky's business practices so anti competitive, I mean upping prices by 10% when loss of content. making new channels to be anti competitive etc.
(b) forced to use their very inferior set top boxes.

sd still working isn't the end of the world so things are still ok at the moment.

Couldn't agree more. Not paying them again - they've had 10yrs of my dosh and I've moved on.
As others here have said, there are other ways of getting entertained and Sly stuff has got worse anyway.

Not worth it for me. Watch mostly free view anyway so just use the duo to record I'm happy enough

sad bit is cant grab a special deal as need to keep it running for the hobby

loyalty sucks with that lot

Back