Are these people for real?

Ok, I am going to say it...

I've moved to the UK a while ago and started with a job that paid £300 per week. Survived fine. Emphasis on "survived". I then got a more stable job but paid far less at £5.80/ph - lived ok but limited luxuries as expected.

Being an immigrant (from outside of the EU) I was not allowed ANY benefits whatsoever! Not a penny! If I wanted/needed money I had to work. No other option - and how it should be. 1 job not enough? get 2! The problem with the UK is that there are too many people "unable" to work. I appreciate this is a big generalisation, but we ALL know someone milking the system.

Being limited in the way I could access resources made me work harder than the average joe. Many years later and having developed my skills, Just last week I've accept an job offer of £95k p/a. It was not an easy ride up to now, but worth every hour of effort and I would not change a thing.

I don't have the answer as to how the benefit system should work and I'm not naive to think that the problem is a simple one, I know is very complex. But the system as it stands is not fit for purpose and not the best way to support the ones in REAL need.

Cannot agree with the sentiment more. But i'd say that you have a better work ethic than those people who are "unfit", there are generational issues now, where it's become acceptable, and almost the norm to bring a family up on benefits, then for that family, to create more families and do the same thing again and again. I have friends who are 3 generations deep on the benefit system, and they're the first ones to moan and complain about immigrants and taking jobs etc. When I point out that they're claiming and not working, then the normal spiel of I was born here, I earned this right etc are trooped out. When in actual fact the honest answer is, that you're lazy and why would you work when you can have free money. Yes it's a struggle, no-one is saying different, but only YOU can make your life better.

Nurses pay is better now than in 2010.

Remember this is the first pay negotiation for three years as they were awarded 18% over three years in an agreed deal.
And now they want, what, 19%?
27% over four years seems a bit difficult to agree too.

Yes, it really has become harder to live now. The prices of everything have gone up a lot. I, for example, like to play video games, and I'm willing to save money on something, but buy the game I was planning to buy.

Yes, it really has become harder to live now. The prices of everything have gone up a lot. I, for example, like to play video games, and I'm willing to save money on something, but buy the game I was planning to buy.
And I also forgot to say that I do not like to save money, even if it is not enough. I'm always ready to buy game gold for the sake of a good game or boost a team in FIFA for money on a boosting platform. When i have more money i will play more and buy more stuff on the service

And I also forgot to say that I do not like to save money, even if it is not enough. I'm always ready to buy game gold for the sake of a good game or boost a team in FIFA for money on a boosting platform. When i have more money i will play more and buy more stuff on the service
What a thrill!!

Back