adjust long and latitude to adjust dish

dilly1066

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hiya, my dish has moved slightly, we live right next to a field and when the strong winds come from that direction its a pain, its even blown tiles off the roof, anyway my dish has moved but i still get most of the satellites but the odd ones im having to turn my dish west abit and then store that position, ive read a few times that you can alter your longtitude and latitude to make your dish go more to the east or west, so im just wondering which do i have to alter to get my dish to go to the west slightly ? the long or latitude, and which ever it is do i alter it up or down ? thanks

Hi mate

You change the longitude to change the usal settings, Im out a bit so iv moved mine more east but on my dm800 clone i always found that i had to move to a defferent sat and back for it to show a change but im my vu+ duo it works without changing.

I guess it depends on in your on a pole and its dead straight or fixed to wall etc are you sure the dish hasnt moved either?? try 42e then 0.8 then 30w and then compare

Jason

hiya, yeah ive just had a mess about with it and ive managed to suss it, i had to put my longtitude up abit and it moved it west slightly for me, it still tracks the arc properly and it used to get most satellites but the odd satellite i had to adjust it manaully, im pretty sure the dish hasnt moved its just the motor has moved round on the pole, probably needs tightening slightly, its second time its done it since moving here as like i said when them winds pick up from the field side its really strong, i thought id nipped it up enough the last time but obviously not, last time it moved totally out of place but this time its only moved very slightly, when i get chance il get up the ladder and see if i can tighten it abit more, thanks mate,

Hiya

out of interest what size dish and motor you use? If you still have to adjust for the odd sat i guess your not tracking correctly or maybe the motor is on its way out.

I normally fine tune to get the weaker channels and sats and then the strong ones are sorted too. Plus say your settings are 1w and you have to move 2w to get a better signal then you a long way out and can effect usal

hiya, i have a 80cm dish and a tm2600 or 2300 motor, it was all lined up perfectly, but since its moved it still got the main satellites but some of the satellites you have to be more accuraste on i had to adjust abit, but adjust the usals seems to have done the trick, but il still get up the ladder when i get chance so its back normal, thanks

Back