A light hearted rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I caught that poem in an email with all animations to go with it and I pissed myself laughing. I DONT find it offensive at all. Why would this poem be offensive? I'd especially be interested in asians that find this offensive and their reasons why.

Thanks for posting it. I really cant believe the amount of do gooders, tree hugging comments I have heard on this board. I agree with corinadeva about the PC brigade being the problem. Bring back Alf Garnett ( I am a Hammers fan after all)

The sad truth is that the irony in poem unfortunately reflects the current state the country is in. Maybe the truth hurts?

..and i forgot to mention that I'm Sikh ( Pommy Indian as my Aussie mates tell me )

its not balance-singh lol

its Balsingh

get it rite boy, :banana:

its not as good as the pakistani pool attendant called

juhandya bandin

or pakistani elvis impersonator

hamal shukup

for any do gooders out there this is a joke about peoples names and their pronunciations nothing to do with their religion or appearance. Indeed if the names do not sound pakistani and this has offended anyone please change it to sikh,bengali, hindu or whichever fits. thank you

Talking of foreign names have a look at this

See attachment [slightly Adult]

Made me laugh

I've seen people being bullied and abused and the people doing the bullying thought it was all just good fun.

As I said - the poem perpetuates a myth: that we are inundated with illegal immigrants who are living off our welfare system. That is pure nonsense. The implication also is that they are of Asian origin.

It's all very well going on about do gooders but I would rather be a do gooder than someone always worried that someone else is getting something they are not and who looks for someone else to blame for their problems.

well said,somebody seeing it for what it was,lighthearted.hamba and whoever else it may concern,please get a life and stop playing the rascist card cause i`ve heard enough of that crap.

i couldn't have put that eney better. well said m8 :Clap: :Clap:

well said,somebody seeing it for what it was,lighthearted.hamba and whoever else it may concern,please get a life and stop playing the rascist card cause i`ve heard enough of that crap.

You might think it's lighthearted - I think it's racist.

I have a life thank you and it's one not ruled by distain for any group of people nor concerned that someone else is getting away with something I'm not.

The racism is in the poem - not being played by me.

well if you can`t see the funny side of the poem,your life must be a right barrel of laughs you miserable sod

I have a life thank you and it's one not ruled by distain for any group of people nor concerned that someone else is getting away with something I'm not.

for fooks sake it was just a poem
go and see if you could find a poem taking the piss out of white folk
im sure theirs thousands and come back and post it then see if eney one
mones about it or calls it racist

ps a bloody good poem i emailed it every one i know lol

stop playing the rascist card

I'm not quite sure you understand what that means. The correct phrase is "The Race Card" and by definition it can only be used by non-white people. As that doesn't apply to me (or hamba as far as I know), you would appear to be talking bollocks.:)

and you talk shite,nananana
I'm not quite sure you understand what that means. The correct phrase is "The Race Card" and by definition it can only be used by non-white people. As that doesn't apply to me (or hamba as far as I know), you would appear to be talking bollocks.:)

I have much more respect for people who stand up and admit that they are racist - even thought I may deplore their views - than for people who are either too blind or too hypocritical to admit their racism.

I shan't contribute any more to this thread - no point beating my head against the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back