Vix Apollo 077 for Sunray now available

ketmp

Satellite Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've uploaded Vix Apollo 077 (latest at time of posting) here for Sunray solo2 clones with new kernel and latest patched drivers.

This has only been tested on Sunray solo2 clones. Anyone wishing to try this image on other Solo2 clones does so at their own risk.

As with any clone safe image, it cannot be guaranteed that this image will not fall foul of any future clone bomb. I have fooled the drivers into thinking it has a higher version on it than it has and I have write-protected the drivers so as to try and prevent (although this can't be guaranteed) any driver being updated via an online update.

In fact, as this is the current image, I can't guarantee yet if an online update will work without over-writing the drivers.

All credit goes to ramiMAHER/Gjstroom/Bassie and other Sim2/Sunray team members, and anyone else i'm not aware of that was involved in the patched driver.

Last edited by a moderator:
tried it on a vu solo 2 se mini, second screen just stays blank, guess will need for Lonrisun to release a new update

on sunray is there no easy recovery if it does get bricked, with its fancy USB connection ? the solo 2 se can be recovered via com port, but not had to test that out

thanks !

tried it on a vu solo 2 se mini, second screen just stays blank, guess will need for Lonrisun to release a new update
Unfortunately, it was only tested on a Sunray solo2.

on sunray is there no easy recovery if it does get bricked, with its fancy USB connection ?
Not yet to the best of my knowledge. It's a new flash chip which I believe is portable I'm sure I read so easier to change.

the solo 2 se can be recovered via com port, but not had to test that out
Is there software available to re-flash it again though?

If you wanted to take a chance you could try it yourself using the latest clone safe drivers available for your box.

Flash the box using latest Vix (077) but ensure ethernet and sat cable removed and hopefully you can still boot box as normal. If you can then telnet in and put box to sleep (init 4) and then FTP the known good clone safe/patched drivers over and replace the ones that came with Vix 077. Write-protect files and telnet init 3 to reboot box. This is all I did for my Sunray but like I said I can't guarantee this would work for other clone manufacturers so doing so is at own risk.

Last edited:
Back