• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

zone alarm wont let me run attachments that are .zmc

i keep getting e-mails from my sis in law with .zmc attachments i go to open them and za pops up do you want open, i click yes and then another window pops un run, dont run, save as etc, i click run and nothing happpens

any ideas?

smirnoff_rules

VIP Member
VIP Member
u have to right click . click open with and search for zip then click always open with. unless she is sending rar files then search for rar

if i right click the attachment it says
select all
save picture as
add animation attach gif.....
encoding

the things is mr d clicks the same buttons i do and it opens on his

stevedw

Inactive User
if i right click the attachment it says
select all
save picture as
add animation attach gif.....
encoding

the things is mr d clicks the same buttons i do and it opens on his
is .zmc an image file? if so couldnt you goto your image editor and open the file straight from there.

In the taskbar double click on the ZoneAlarm Pro icon when the window pops up click E-mail Protection then click Off where it says Inbound MailSafe Protection.

Last edited:
is .zmc an image file? if so couldnt you goto your image editor and open the file straight from there.

In the taskbar double click on the ZoneAlarm Pro icon when the window pops up click E-mail Protection then click Off where it says Inbound MailSafe Protection.
that does not work either, tried it earlier:(

MH

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There is an option in ZA to stop it doing that somewhere. I forgot how as I dont use a soft firewall now