zafira hill start

huggi

Inactive User
Reaction score
ive got a zafira 53 plate 2.0 diesel and since i had the fuel filter changed it wont start if its facing uphill. i took to the garage and he said its a "common fault" the spill pipes, so had them done and its still happening. so what next??

It's normally the leak off popes but you say they have been done ? I'd be checking them again. And check the fuel filter seal theres air getting in somewhere. Take it back to the garage and tell them its the same.

injector seals let fuel run leak back to the tank over time as they harden and draw air
these can be tested with a mittyvac on spill pipes
but try the filter seal (cheapest option first )
the seals are a bugger of a job though
also you could fit a couple of non return valves on flow and return pipes to filter
but this just buys time not a permanent repair
when seals are shot oil leaks into the fuel supply and contaminates the fuel with engine oil so best get it tested first and go from there

Last edited:
injector seals let fuel run leak back to the tank over time as they harden and draw air
these can be tested with a mittyvac on spill pipes
but try the filter seal (cheapest option first )
the seals are a bugger of a job though
also you could fit a couple of non return valves on flow and return pipes to filter
but this just buys time not a permanent repair
when seals are shot oil leaks into the fuel supply and contaminates the fuel with engine oil so best get it tested first and go from there

its booked back into the garage tuesday hes gonna check the filter and housing and then the seals, thansk for your reply

park downhill hehe :proud:

and u can just feck off :proud:

after a while the seals get hardened by heat and oil contamination so they start letting engine oil leak back into the fuel system like filling your filter up with diluted oil with diesel
it happens but you cant see it so the non return valves are actually just curing the fault short term
it will give you a bit of time to get the cash to get seals done though
also the seals can be done in place with a bit if practice as the injectors can be hard if not near impossible to remove
holts lubricant and a thin sturdy screwdriver but buy extra seals as they all don't work first time some split
take care and it should work

ok it seems the problem has been sorted, i had the fuel filter and seals changed . :banana:

Back