Yweb over tinernet

rob343

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi i am trying to access the yweb interface over the internet so i can watch the cricket at work tomorrow lol, now i get to my box ok and see all the normal stuff, program info EPG ect but whe i click LIVE all i get it the traffic cone :( which is no good.

can anybody help, or is there a better method for doing this.

it is version yweb 1.5.0

thanks

You'll need a good upload speed from home to be able to stream smoothly over the net as well.

quick network type question regarding this.

If i'm connecting from work using yweb/bitcontrol, what ip address do i use if my home connection is behind a router.

I've allowed remote management from the router settings but if i use the ip address shown here its just takes me to my router management program on the router.

Is there a way i can connect to the dbox ? from reading other posts i see that i could use bcmsdb://root:[email protected] - which works in media player on my network but would this work from any pc ?

any comments appreciated - cheers

192.168.xxx.xxx are LAN addresses. To access the workstation when its behind a router you will have to either set up port forwarding for the correct ports or set the workstation a a DMZ (Both of these options can be done within the router management software).

Then to access the pc you will need to know your WAN ip address (again you should find this within the router management software)

Sorry if i am being thick, but i am not having much sucsess with this,

i have got it working at home on the local network fine, but when i am in work with exacty the same laptop it isn't working, i am changing the IP Address to the public address, and can HTTP into the box but when i click on live view nothing. could this be a firewall issue on my works firewall ?? dose anybody know which port it uses.

i also tried ngrab and tuxvision, when using tuxvision it sees the box is online but displays PID error ??

help i need to watch cricket lol

thanks

1st

Are you sure the Internet Connection you have is fast enough to upload the stream

2nd

Are you sure that you have forwarded the relevant ports ( I think they are 31333 or something simular)

to be honest i am sure what the upstream is, the down is 10mb??

and i have put the dbox in the DMZ do i still need to do the port forwarding as i can Http into the box fine ??

thanks

Http is port 80
So I assume you forwarded that port to it

I think the other ports are something in the 30000 range ...

There is a website that can test you Down/Up stream

Use google to find it

I would also use an Image with YWeb 2.0 or later on it as that let's you control the box via a virtual remote and offers if you run YWeb on a PC re-encoding to an external destination

Have a read also of my helpfile !

Back