Your views on this tank?

earwig999

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
As you may have seen I have dug out the old fish tank and decided to start keeping fish.

My current tank is tiny, probably not even 30l 12" x 8" x 10".

Been looking at an Interpet Fish Pod (aka Fish Box) 48l. - Interpet Fish Pod Glass Aquarium - Fish Pod 48 Litre: Amazon.co.uk: Pet Supplies
( I have seen it cheaper at Pets At Home only £90) - http://www.petsathome.com/shop/fish-box-40cm-tank-by-interpet-(available-in-store-only)-36859
I like the size of this as I only have 20" x 17" x 17" to play with, unless I get rid of the Mac or TV!

From the reviews the most common trend is that it gets dirty easily, but as I am going to use it for freshwater and not use the heater I'm hoping it will not get as dirty.

Is this a good tank to get?

interpet is a good make .............im sure that will be perfect for what u want it for .

Well getting mixed information from people on another forum regarding how big a tank should be. They reckon my Danio need at least 60 litres and 3ft long and don't even go there about goldfish, they need a minimum of 300 litres???

TBH I think some people take this hobby too seriously. I'm not into animal cruelty but I'm fairly sure they would fit and be happy in a 48 litre.

Going to get one hopefully in a couple of weeks, but for the time being they are going into my 30l.

Exactly what Chris has said!

I used to frequent a forum but had allot of negative information and people trying to force there ideas on you.

Do what you can and just take your time mate :)

Mick

Your tank should not look like anybody else's mate,they are living ,growing breathing evolving universes in their own rights,be proud of what you have created,and just show us what you have done,there is no wrong or right,as long as the health of your stock is foremost..Im sure when you come across any probs,there are enough ppl to help you out..good luck mate,sure it will all be well in the end !!

Back