Young Guns Having some fun, lower league teams keep 'em on the run

xXx

Inactive User
Reaction score
Young Guns Having some fun, lower league teams keep 'em on the run

Arsenal's young guns brushed aside the best The Championship has to offer as goal from Jose Antonio Reyes, Robin van Persie and Arturo Lupoli accounted for Reading in the fourth round of the Carling Cup.

Arsene Wenger continued with his policy of fielding his youngsters in the competition and it paid off once again as they stood firm against a solid Reading side and their superior class in front of goal proved decisive.

you did not mention young quincy (cant spell the rest) abeyie, this young player as i said in many posts last season ;) is going to be huge reminds me of ronaldo for utd when he moves past players (and he distroyed everton last season single handed!!!).

but hey persie is looking class and 8 goals in 8 games is a good start for the lad i remember ruud van horsie said that persie was the biggest prospect for his nation in the last 15 years (i hate ruud for obvious reasons lol) but coming from him thats a great statement and good fo us aswell ;)

reyes needed some confidence and hopefully thats done the trick because his work rate is massive and be nice for him to step up a gear and show us what he can do.

i wonder how many of them will actually make it into the first team squad, and how many will get loaned out and then sold. I like the way lupoli plays, i hope he gets first team exposure i forsee big things for him if he gets the chance...........as the orange slogan goes......'the furtures bright, the futures arsenal'.... LOL

yes the youngans did well against reading.

heard on the grapevine that wenger has said that Quincy Owusu-Abeyie will probably go out on loan from january in order to get some first team football under his belt.

i thought kerrea gilbert had a good game in defence.

but as u say intesting to see line up in 2 or 3 years and wonder how many of that team are still there.

Back