Yogi Must Stay

RAB - P

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hibernian manager John Hughes has insisted he still has the backing of chairman Rod Petrie following the defeat to St Johnstone.

Hibs slipped to a 2-0 defeat at McDiarmid Park and are now just one point clear of bottom club St Mirren.

With only one win in 10 competitive matches this season, patience among the supporters is wearing thin.

Hughes accepts there are 'real concerns' but maintains that he is still up for the fight.

He said: "Honestly, I'm not [under pressure]. I'm really close with the chairman and the chairman knows exactly what's going on at this club and what needs done. He knows the work we put in.

"Where are we in the league? Joint second bottom. It's not a place we want to be and let's hope that can give us an injection to get us up the league.

"I'm not oblivious to it, there are real concerns there, but my job is to keep them focused, trusting in what we're doing and give them confidence to start winning football matches that will climb us up this league.

"I've been here before with my old club [Falkirk] when I was fighting a relegation battle. I'm certainly up for the battle and up for the fight, that's for sure."

I heard he only has 3 league games to go if he doesn't turn it around before Petrie punts him out the door.

I heard he only has 3 league games to go if he doesn't turn it around before Petrie punts him out the door.

Not even that long

Hibernian FC today announced that Manager John Hughes is to leave the Club by mutual consent.

The Board would like to record its sincere thanks for the hard-work and commitment shown by John during his tenure, and for leading the Club into Europe.

Chairman Rod Petrie said: "John has been a hard-working and dedicated Manager of Hibernian. As a former captain, and as a fan, he recognises that a fresh face and a new approach is the best option for the Club at this time.
"We thank him for all of his hard work, and for his honesty and passion for the Club."

John Hughes said: "I have relished every minute of my time at Hibernian, the Club I have always supported and which will always have a special place in my heart. I am proud of what we achieved last season, and I wish the Board, players and supporters every success."

maybe I put a curse on him,lol wonder if it works with all managers

Mark McGhee must stay

Mark McGhee felt the manner in which Aberdeen lost their second goal was the worst aspect of the loss to Inverness.

The Dons trailed through Jonny Hayes's cross-cum-shot and a Zander Diamond's mistake allowed Adam Rooney to get the Highlanders' clinching goal.

"We might have ended up losing by the fluke goal but to concede another in the circumstances we did was very disappointing," said the Dons boss.

"That was a huge disappointment, the disappointment of the game."

McGhee became the first Aberdeen manager to experience defeat at the Caledonian Stadium and the results means the Dons have taken just one point from their last five Scottish Premier League games.

"It's no tougher to take than any other game you lose," said McGhee.

maybe i put a curse on him,lol wonder if it works with all managers

mark mcghee must stay

mark mcghee felt the manner in which aberdeen lost their second goal was the worst aspect of the loss to inverness.

The dons trailed through jonny hayes's cross-cum-shot and a zander diamond's mistake allowed adam rooney to get the highlanders' clinching goal.

"we might have ended up losing by the fluke goal but to concede another in the circumstances we did was very disappointing," said the dons boss.

"that was a huge disappointment, the disappointment of the game."

mcghee became the first aberdeen manager to experience defeat at the caledonian stadium and the results means the dons have taken just one point from their last five scottish premier league games.

"it's no tougher to take than any other game you lose," said mcghee.

lennon must stay

lennon must stay

I really want Lemmon to stay because I think he will fook up big time
go totally ballistic and be banned for the rest of his natural.

they may even open a new wing in Castairs just for him.

0403.gif

Hey Rab,you smoking the wacky baccy there ???,never liked lennon myself but you cant argue with his record yet,next old firm game sets the ball rolling !!

Last edited:
I was being sarcastic . I really hope the ginger grass stays with the manky mob also . The best thing that could happen , give it 3 months and even that mob will be shouting for his head.

Back