YLOD repair, again

steve7713

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have just repaired my nephews PS3 for the second time, I was not fast enough for him as he has now got a new one.

He has left the 40gig fat one with me.

I am happy to keep it as a Blue ray player would it hold up to this or a media centre.

If it is possible or even worth the effort make it possible to play backups, it's on V3.40.

If I connect it to the internet is the updates to the firmware manual or automatic.

i would flash it with custom firmware mate if your going to keep it
also if you turn off auto update in the system menu then you can connect to the net
download the CFW and OFW and follow the tuts

ye mate all thats needed is some sort of usb storage
no special dongle needed anymore

Thanks for the response, Can I confirm that I have read this correctly, I am on 3.40, I update the PS3 to v3.55, patch a copy on my PC as instructed and then re update with the patched V3.55?

It just seen to be to easy after all I have read in the past about how hard it has been.

i take its only for 3.55 or lower? im on 3.56 so cant see anywhere it can be done yet? correct

Thanks for the response, Can I confirm that I have read this correctly, I am on 3.40, I update the PS3 to v3.55, patch a copy on my PC as instructed and then re update with the patched V3.55?

It just seen to be to easy after all I have read in the past about how hard it has been.
yes does seem easy takes about ten mins if read and done correctly
hth

i wouldn't be patching any thing on the pc, i'd just download the 3.55 OFW and then use that and then the CFW all ready done, then after this, multiman is installed via pkg option on the psn menu and then if not all ready enabled then install the bd emulator thing that allows the drive to be used/ripping etc.

i'll fire over a link that some one else gave me with all the files mate

Back