Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

yet another paypal scam just recived

damage

Inactive User
Dear member
We've noticed one or more attempts to log in to your PayPal account from a foreign IP address and we suspect that your account was hijacked by a third party without your authorization.

If you recently accessed your account while traveling, the unusual log-in attempts may have been initiated by you. Therefore, if you are the rightful account holder, click on the link below to log into your account and follow the instructions.

Click Here to secure your account

Note: Requests for information will be initiated by PayPal Business Development. This process cannot be externally requested through Customer Support.
Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the "Help" link in the footer of any page.

PayPal Email ID RS229

thats been around a while, before I came on here, if in doubt go through your pay pal account and contact them direct, when I did this they were very helpfull, now just delete them

i closed mine down, too much headache, neva even used it

lets see if i still get the emails

Hi m8's
Just registerd, well I have a paypal account with no problems, except bloody haard to navigate to get info. but after knowing my way around its OK. But i will be keeping an eye on these scams..
:lsabre:

hi guys

i used paypal for two years now and only just started to get that sort of mail, but like most things on this net ..there is all ways someone trying to rip someone off ..all i do is just bin them i still think its the safe way to go ...

Hi everyone,

i've had paypal for about 6 months now and do alot transactions through it everyday and ive had no probs with it at all, anyway thanks for pointing it out, ill be a bit cautious in the future

guys this is a good one for you ..ok this is what happen to me this week ..

got my new chip & pin card ........fine nice card

went down paypal to update my card .........wrong !!!!!!!!!

you can put start date in ok...

you can put expr date in ok ...

but not ac number ..so i click it thinking it might say do you ac number .........wrong....

so i give them a ring ...very nice man says i can not reg that card now as i tryed to do with wrong info ..? after telling him what had happend he says sorry can not use it ...

this is the bit that gets me ...sir you should of give us a ring before you tryed as we are haveing a lot of this ..so where does it say ring 1st ?? it dont

............TO REG CHIP & PIN CARD RING 1ST ................or be like me loser :(

I just got the same email yesterday from "Paypal".

Funnily enough, it was about 2 hours after getting one allegedly from ebay saying something similar.

I will post details when I get home, so you know what to look for.

On new cards being sent out, there is a sticker that covers most of the details on the front of the card. If you actually look at the sticker before you take it off, it tells you to ring the call centre to register the card before you try using it so that they can activate it. They change the three numbers on the back for each new card they issue on the account. The thinking being; If the card isn't activated first, it must be compromised.
Makes sense really!

Back