YDL ISO for PS3

cg010169

DW Regular
Reaction score
What is YDL i hear u say

YDL is Yellow Dog Linux which has been designed by Linux to run on the PS3. Alot of people in the USA are running it at the moment with no problems. You can run other verison's of linux or even windows but they say YDL is the best verison to use on the PS3.

Sony are actively encouraging people to install it. It’s just a shame that the PS3 games are so disappointing at the moment. But come mid 07 bye bye xbox as the PS3 games will be stunning as they will be using the 1080p to the full limit.

The rumours are that this verison of the Linux will be out in the Uk when the Ps3 is released.
But you can download it via the linux and other websites as linux is free to all users.

As why do use linux, you can use it to dump films and games onto the PS3 harddrive. Also use it as a second PC but many people have had problems in running linux saying there isn't enough available Ram, but this will be fine for all bedroom devlopers.
So in theory you could back up your games and movies onto your PS3 harddrive. but at the moment there isn't a ISO loader available to which you can play ur games via Linux and it's hard to say if this will happen in the future. But it's still early days.

To install the linux's all u would need is the following

1. USB Keyboard
2. USB Mouse
3. Flash drive

You can get the USB mouse and keyboard from Tesco's both for £10, which isn't bad at all.

Installing Linux involves setting up a partition on the drive (the PS3 OS will do this for you), then booting from a USB stick with the loader on. This kicks in the DVD and then you just need to wait about an hour.

I'm going to wait for it to come out with the linux mag, ebay or grab a copy of someone.

i was wondering if anyone, could do me a small favour.
In as doing me a copy of YDL ps3 version, if they have downloaded it. It's just that i don't have a dvd writer on this rubbish computer. Otherwise i would download it and do it myself.
I'll pay for the costs as in post, blank dvd etc.

if anyone can help me out, give me a pm.

cheers

i was wondering if anyone, could do me a small favour.
In as doing me a copy of YDL ps3 version, if they have downloaded it. It's just that i don't have a dvd writer on this rubbish computer. Otherwise i would download it and do it myself.
I'll pay for the costs as in post, blank dvd etc.

if anyone can help me out, give me a pm.

cheers

i have sent you a pm

i will post your disk off to you today.

Back