XNA Development

biglew5k99

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anybody here had a play with or would like to play with MS XNA, I have and think that this thread would be a great idea for discussing the potential merits of the system and sharing ideas and helping people get into homebrew games for the 360

I went to a conference about it, did a bit of research, have experience working with OpenGL and it was far too daunting to get stuck in. I mean, they rabbit on about how the docs are great and all, and the demos make it looks so easy but after that it's just an uphill struggle. I wouldn't bother wasting your time to be honest mate, it aint as easy as they make it look unless you have prior game developing experience.

I've already had a play and with all the built in libraries i've already made a 3d game (not from the included 3d project though). they have a lot of in-built functions to assist with programming and it is not that hard for someone with previous c# experience. If anybody gets stuck with their XNA programming then PM me, i wont build it for you but if you have a basic clue about programming i can assist you to find the answers you seek and if you dont i could point you towards some excellent tutorials that would build you up to a competant level

:) Attatched is a zip file containing 3 bitmaps, the only parts of the project not created by me were the map itself (a basic quake1 map and the textures which were randomly assembled in paint by me. If you could do better in a week then please do, it would make this thread a bit more interesting than a debate as to the viability of XNA which is undoubtedly the best legal defense against hackers / console modders ever thought up by a games console developer. : whip :

Oh and cheers for the Kudos

Last edited by a moderator:
I've already had a play and with all the built in libraries i've already made a 3d game (not from the included 3d project though). they have a lot of in-built functions to assist with programming and it is not that hard for someone with previous c# experience. If anybody gets stuck with their XNA programming then PM me, i wont build it for you but if you have a basic clue about programming i can assist you to find the answers you seek and if you dont i could point you towards some excellent tutorials that would build you up to a competant level

Good idea but I would prefer if it wasn't by pm as there are people that would want to learn and it will save your inbox filling up.

Not into it myself but I am against things like this by pm.

Back