Phone Unlocking xda mini

seanicca

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi
just wondered if any1 had 1 of these, i'm thinking of upgrading my w800i and just wanted to know if they're alright and if there's any problems with them.
all feedback grateful
thanx

i just ordered one today. the things i've read have been pretty good.

wanted it to replace the seperate phone and mio168 i carry around all day. should be here by tuesday next week.

i'm also looking for a good car kit and a blue tooth gps receiver.

will let you know how it goes.

deskmonkey

i got the phone today.

very nice box and phone looks pretty cool. haven't had time to test it all out yet and i'm still waiting for a bt gps receiver, mini sd and car kit.

mobile 5 looks ok but not struck on the o2 custom stuff so i will be doing the corp setup using 0506 code to get a plain install that i can setup the way i want.

i'll be going through the info at pocket gps world for the tomtom side of things and keeping an eye for any xda mini s specific forums.

deskmoney

Hi guys i got xda mini s and i think its the muts nuts :) As for info the best place i found after alot of looking was HERE
Well worth a look at

ps Mini s is also know as the wizard ;)

hi
just an update got mine and not that impressed think i'll be sending it back and trying something else, battery life isn't that good, closing applications should close them down but doesn't you have to use task manager, have tried the resets but still dont like it, maybe it's just me wanting too much but i'll stick with my w800i for now and have a look what else is around.

seanicca said:
hi
just an update got mine and not that impressed think i'll be sending it back and trying something else, battery life isn't that good, closing applications should close them down but doesn't you have to use task manager, have tried the resets but still dont like it, maybe it's just me wanting too much but i'll stick with my w800i for now and have a look what else is around.

Hello mate
Once you have got rid of all the o2 s##t of of the phone it runs fine. As for clolsing programes when you push the close button! this can be solved by installing a programe called spbpocketplus3 you can get this for free if you look around and ask the right people ;)

Hello Mate

If you feel like updating your phone software or if u want it debranded, let me know.

Cheers

quick debrand.

when u turn on the phone for the first time, it will ask you to set it up, enter time zone, etc etc,
when you get to a customization stage, do a soft reset, wont install none of the o2 stuff.

cheers guys, wasn't completely satisfied with it so sent it back, and swapped it for the samsung i300 with built in 3gb hdd got windows aswell so i'll try this
thanx

mine has done some weird stuff in past few days whilst i've been playing around.

it stopped responding to tapping the screen and i had to soft reset to get it back.

this was without the o2 stuff installed as i went for the corp setup.

noticed other peeps using different rom's to improve stability and speed. anyone here done this?

ta

deskmonkey

Back