xbox switches help

trigger2204

Advanced Member +
Reaction score
i am trying to sort my friends xbox out and he has messed with the switches (the little white ones) i believe he has an evox chip in it and need to know the right setting for it anyone help?

i don't know a thing about xbox's m8 but done a search and came up with this if its any use its not the same chip but the switches may be set the same
** Installing your Xodus/Matrix Mod Chip: **

TAKE YOUR TIME!

Install The Xodux/Matrix Mod Chip while you are burning your boot CD-RW. This will save you time! It also forces you to install the chip a little slower, because the burning of the boot CD-RW will take some time.
DON’T forget the washer. If you use the tape with the washer. Make sure you so not cover any of the contact points the pogo pins will be touching.
I recommend installing the Mod chip with the power off, however most people install it with the power on. It will take the boot CD-RW about 20+min to burn. This gives you time to try to install the mod chip with the power off. Install chip turn on power look for blinking light, nope, repeat process. If 10 min pass then try it with the power on. My thinking is why install a chip in a BLOWN UP Xbox. TAKE YOUR TIME.
When you get the alignment you will see the mod chip light blink green. Mine blinks red for 1/2 sec then blinks green. This is OK. After lining up complete Power off the Xbox.
Next you choose what setting you want to put the mod chip into by flipping the dip switches. I put mine into mode 2 (That is 1 off 2 on) if this is what you want, then just flip the #1 dip switch from “on” to “off”. Then power on the Xbox. You will notice that the light now stays a constant green (no more flashing).
Congratulations you have successfully installed the Xodus/Matrix chip with Evox bios on it.
FYI: if you have ybox you will get an error screen after the logo screen. Usually error “16”, but could be another number. THIS IS OK. This is the bios searching for the “yboxdash.xbe” on the hard drive and not finding it, because we have not put it on the CD-RW or the Xbox hard drive yet.

Back