XBOX Online gaming

wavey123

Inactive User
Reaction score
FREE XBOX Online gaming

Hi all, anybody with an Xbox fancy some online gaming, NOT THROUGH XBOX LIVE.

If you like me have a chipped Xbox & would like to play online then visit this website & download the software for your pc. h**p://www.xbconnect.com

XBConnect is "Next Generation" XBox Tunnel Software for Windows that allows you to play Microsoft XBox System link games over the internet.

No more Single Player Campaign/Career modes! With XBConnect finding players to play against is a breeze and an essential part of the XBox experience.

This software fools your system link games into believing that you are playing on a Local Area Network, allowing you to hook up with friends and rivals from all over the world.

All you need is a Xbox (chipped or un-chipped) & pc, connected together with a network cable & a broadband internet connection.

I tried it for the first time today for the first time, admitidly the amount of games is quite limited but, the gameplay is amazing.

I hope I can get some takers on this one, it could be a feckin scream !! If your interested pm or msn me & we can sort out what games & when

L8r

WaVeY

PS Just thought Id add, ITS FREE, this means that Bi11 Gate5 and his merry men at Mucassoft dont get a outragous £40 yearly subscription

There is also an alternative to the above post, called gamespy tunnel, this works in conjuction with gamespy arcade

What Is It?
The GameSpy Tunnel is an application that is used with GameSpy Arcade to enable you to play Xbox SystemLink games over the Internet FOR FREE with other Xbox players.

What is required?
In order to use the GameSpy Tunnel you will need:
GameSpy Arcade Software
GameSpy Tunnel Software
This application must be installed for the "Xbox" service to appear in GameSpy Arcade.
A Microsoft Xbox console
A supported game (see below)
A FAST broadband connection. You will need at least 128kbps upstream bandwidth for most games, although Halo can require up to 256kbps upstream bandwidth per player in the game. If your connection is not fast enough you WILL experience lag and connection loss problems. No modem support is available or planned.
A supported network configuration. Most types of home networks are supported. Basically you just need to be able to plug your Xbox into the same LAN as your computer is on. See below for more information on network configurations.
What games are supported?
All Xbox SystemLink games are supported, however some will work better than others. Currently supported games include:
Deathrow (game bio)
Halo (review)
Ghost Recon (game bio)
MechAssault (review)
MotoGP (review)
NASCAR Heat 2002 (preview)
NFL Fever 2003 (review) (review)
TimeSplitters 2 (screenshots) (review)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x (review)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (review)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (review)
Unreal Championship (preview)

HOW DOES IT WORK

After installing GameSpy Arcade and the GameSpy Tunnel software, you will need to start Arcade and enter the Xbox service. If you don't see an Xbox service icon, see the common problems section below.

Once you are in the Xbox service, you can select a lobby based on the game you want to play. When in a lobby, you will see a list of the games currently in progress or available for you to join. The icon next to each game indicates whether or not you can join.

Select an existing game or press the Create Game button to create a new one. Note: If you are behind a NAT or firewall, you may need to reconfigure it to allow hosting of games (see network section below for more info). You should be able to play as a client behind most NATs, but may need to disable any firewall software.

If you choose to create a game, give consideration to the maximum amount of players that will join. Generally, for each player in the game, you will need at least 128kbps of upstream bandwidth. Many cable and DSL connections only have 128kbps of upstream bandwidth total, and thus can only participate in 2 players games.

For example, if you have a 1.5/384kbps (downstream/upstream) ASDL connection, you may be able to play with up to 3 players (yourself and 2 others). However, this may vary depending on a number of factors. Note that if you plan to play with multiple people on the same console, they will count towards your total bandwidth (so, two people on your console and two on another player's console would use 512kbps of bandwidth or more).

When you select a game or create one, it will place you in a game staging room. This room will allow everyone to gather before launching. When someone enters the room it will show their location on the map, as well as a measurement of your "ping" time to them. You need to play with people that have a low "ping" time (under 70ms) or you will experience severe lag and connection problems.

When everyone has entered the staging room, they can push the "ready" button and the host will press the "launch game" button. This will launch the GameSpy Tunnel software, which sets up a LAN tunnel between the players. When the Tunnel software is launched, within a few seconds you should see a list of the players in the Tunnel software. The tunnel software has a chat window you can use to speak with the other players while playing.

After the tunnel software is launched, you should go to the multiplayer-system link menu of your game on the Xbox. One player will need to create a game, and the others will then see it and can join it. Generally the person who hosted the room in Arcade should create the game session to avoid confusion. If you were playing in a previous session you should not need to restart the Xbox - it will automatically transfer to the new tunneled LAN. Once everyone has joined the session you can begin playing. Most games return you to the System Link menu when the game is complete. You can continue to play as many games as you want. The tunneled connection will stay open until you close the GameSpy Tunnel software.

need help please trying to connect as u said with a friend and done with sucsess except with halo 1 and 2 Campaign/Career mode cant seem to start the game keeps saying u need at least 2 people on same xbox thought this by skip that please help thanks ?????

this sounds good, thinking about modding my xbox but wasn't sure if I would able to stay on live. I have read that you can get switches that turns the modchip off but will Live not check your hard drive??

Tried using this ages ago, and it was really difficult, is the newer software any good????
Seem to remember seeing something on an xbox forum about a version that runs from the xbox. not sure though
Cheers
Carrotts

Xlink kai runs from the xbox, Live is ok with a chipped xbox as long as you dont upgrade the hard drive after connecting to it, do it before or leave it standard and you are ok.

I'd reccommend Xlinkkai for playing games on xbox online, it ties in well with the XBMC dashboard and it is easy to set up. I got banned from xbox live, and i upgraded my harddrive before setting xboxlive up. I heard that some games like forza scan your hardrive for odd stuff then ban u!! I was gutted :(

They don't say they do at xlink kai, but if it has system link option on fifa then it will work. Ive not played it yet.

splatternacker said:
need help please trying to connect as u said with a friend and done with sucsess except with halo 1 and 2 Campaign/Career mode cant seem to start the game keeps saying u need at least 2 people on same xbox thought this by skip that please help thanks ?????

Hi mate

sorry about the delay getting back to you, I never really played halo very much on the xbox ( to be honest im a bit s*ite ) .

I havent even switched my xbox on for the summer but am going to dust it off and get back into it again for the winter

If any Dw members fancy a bit of xbox online gaming using xbconnect give me a shout. I must admit Im drawn towards driving games like midnight club etc... I have played this online a alot & is a lot of fun but I'd like to give some differnt games a go online aswell like COD, halo etc...

Give me a shout if ur up for it !

Regards

WaVeY

wavey123 said:
Not even a sniff !! lol , looks like I'll be playing with myself .......... AGAIN........ story of my life (chuckle)

Another good gaming network is Kai AKA Kaid. Have a look.

Back