Xbox Live Family Pack (split between 4 people = 12mnths for £17.50 each)

mikelici

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, i did a search but could not find anything on this so thought id let people know about it as i was recently looking for a cheap live sub as mine expired and cheapest i could fint it was £29.97 and in a GAME shop it was £40 and was told that MS are stopping doing the scratch cards and instead send the code straight to the shop once one is purchased so they can print on a reciept, email or text you it which means shops will not be able to do cheaper live subs.

Anyway i had a quick look into this family pack and asked a few friends and my younger brother if he wanted to join it as it was alot cheaper this way, you will need yourself and 3 close friends and they will need to give you their share of the cost as it all comes out of a single account which will be the "master" account, you will need to get them to bring their gamertags on a usb stick to your house (or recover their gamertags on your console via the dashboard) as they all need to be on your console to add them to your family pack, you will also need them to enter their passwords when you add them to it.

As added bonuses to this you can get 400ms points if you are on the rewards programme, and if your friends have live sub time left on their accounts already then you ALL get an extra month for every 2 months they have left, 2 of my friends had a few months left each and we ALL ended up with 15months of live for the £17.50, also if the master account has live time left then you get money off the cost of the family pack i think its £3 for every month you have left (not 100% sure on the amount but in the usa its $5).

It is a good idea to let them know that your "master" account will be able to change certain settings on their console like make it so they can only play kids games instead of adult ones etc... but im sure if your friends think that your a sensible person they will not have a problem with this :)

One of my friends did as if its against the rules so i did read the faq on xbox website and it did not say that you can not do it only that it might not work well within a group of friends!
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Hope this is useful to some people i know me and my friends are alot happier paying £17.50 instead of £30-£40!

do you just put the xbl gamertag in of the ones you want to renew or are they all on same xbox?

you need the gamertags on your xbox console as you add them to the family pack via the xbox dashboard, you then also need them to enter their passwords to add them, if you friends trust you enough then you could get them to give you their xbox live email address & passwords and then select recover gamertag on your console that way you would have the password ready for when you needed to enter it instead of them having to come round to yours to enter it.

Back