Xbox IR Mod

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

Does anyone know where I can get the xbox IR mod? I see that Divineo have got an example of one but I'm not too keen on that one.

Thanks in advance

i just use the set you can buy only about a tenner and the sensor plugs in to any of the pad sockets

Ah no mate (although thanks for the quick response) its the mod to turn your xbox on/off with a ir command. Rather than the dvd playback kit.

oh i get ya would be worth having the ability to do that.

Ah no mate (although thanks for the quick response) its the mod to turn your xbox on/off with a ir command. Rather than the dvd playback kit.

The one thing that would make my xbox complete would be for me to be able to switch it on from my sofa. Iv spoken about it a few times (sad i know) but never thought it would be a reality.
Reading this thread could just have made my life so much easier, no more grief, crying and nagging from my bird when i ask her to turn my xbox on for me before she rolls me a spliff to have with the cuppa she's just brought me.

Heaven

ha ha

Its been available for ages.... But until now I have never investigated. So if you guys also require one then I could order a few (I have found them in the states) and maybe we could all get a deal... Will keep you posted.

sounds excellent! btw can xbmc be controlled by the dvd remote? as ive been using a pad for ages!

Yes, xbmc can be controlled by the remote no problems and you can map the keys to whatever you like. Seen some custom IR mods where they have stripped down the dongle and fitted it inside, still think you lose a port though. Also seen some where the mod has been done to enable power on but again not enough information on it, would be good........but surely that would mean box would be in a standby state drawing power until activated. Would be nice to know how much this consumed first.

I thought the X3 front panel replacement had space for the IR mod.

Back