xbox chip wanted

i-zombie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
would prefer smartxx or spider but ill accept any old chip really,if u have one laying aroun please leave me a price u want for it-and b4 anyone says theres loads online,i aint got a credit card

violentj said:
would prefer smartxx or spider but ill accept any old chip really,if u have one laying aroun please leave me a price u want for it-and b4 anyone says theres loads online,i aint got a credit card

got a DUO chip if its any good to u mate its untested unfortunately i yanked it out of a faulty xbox..

ive got the brand new wire header left from another mod job ur welcome to it.

also c u postedi nthe xbox sectin fill me in your lil problem and we'll c if we can work summit out.

elite786

Last edited:
soft mod it forget chips. Once u try the soft mod i have u wotn ever bother with a chip again ;) plus no osldering involced etc takes 5 mins or so :Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the replys but from the looks of it i definatly need a chip,since the hd i have all my gear on is locked/and the wrong eeprom

you will need a chip mate, thats the best thing about em if they go wrong replace em its easy. with a softmod if ur eeprom dies or ur HD u have to sintall a chip to sort. i think £20 just for peice of mind is much better! just my opinion i tried softmod its slow to setup and unlesh dash is crap!

what chip did u have isntalled by the way?

where bouts are you? PM me ur exact location.

elite786

i have a smartxx, and every box i chip, i use smartxx.

try divineo, they allow you to pay via paypal.

elite i had a duox 1 in it,and id prefere a chip cos im always pissin around with it,so like u say piece of mind and all that,soft mods fine if u just want games and emus

and highlander,i find diveno overpriced really

violentj said:
elite i had a duox 1 in it,and id prefere a chip cos im always pissin around with it,so like u say piece of mind and all that,soft mods fine if u just want games and emus

and highlander,i find diveno overpriced really

check out the post i made in the xbox section that should help u out and asve u buying another chip. 95% chane u can repair it unles uve done MAJOR dmage like ripped a few tracks off or resistors. chipped an xbox for one guy he decided he was a electrician all of a sudden so he tried to remove the pinheader, and he burnt every single track in a 10cm radius! the resisters fell off and the board was sooo smoked out i looks like itd had been ina housefire!

thanks guys,ive got a chip now,if only i could find the correct install for it

uh u can swap hd,s with a softmod m8.......... i have don eit and put a 120gig in and chaned the eep. I can send u a decent softmod and it works exactly like a chip just less hasstle :)

b3nnyb0y said:
uh u can swap hd,s with a softmod m8.......... i have don eit and put a 120gig in and chaned the eep. I can send u a decent softmod and it works exactly like a chip just less hasstle :)

we understand what ur trying to say mate, but xbox has locked him out compeltely and thats y he needs a modchip to get his xbox to boot so that he can access everything he needs to.

what hes gettin a a Error 6 on screen saying he needs to contact microShaft to fix it! that error is thre becuase the original bios on the xbox cannot unlock the HDD as the keys dont match.

Back