Xbox Browser

No, it wasn't really that useable in my opinion

I think you'll probably still be able to get it on Xbins

Hi Purity,

I managed to get hold of the browser. Did it rely on the need for a usb keyboard as there seems no way of entering text? :-O

I think there is an option to pull a virtual keyboard up, so you can enter keys

Thanks Purity, I need to do a bit of digging to see if I can find something on the net then, i.e. instructions.

Cheers

It had a virtual keyboard option but I did try it with a USB keyboard and TBH even back then it was bad and I have no doubt it would struggle with most websites these days.

I did a bit more research and apparently there was a Linksbox plugin for XBMC. Looking at some of the screenshots it looked pretty good.

Has anyone got that by any chance?

xbox sacked there browser ages ago for parental reasons now even windows 7 media centre dont run a browser compatable with the 360 you can add a browser to windows media centre using a script editor of some sort but its a head ache theres plenty posts about it on the xbox360 live forums.

I need to set one up so I can play sky poker on my 360, when I manage it I will write a quick tutorial although it will be a dunce one lol

but thats why alot of people preffer the ps3 then the xbox360 it sucks not being able to run a browser through your 360 and media centre Id love to log into PKR through my 360 to save streaming my lappy to my big tv

the trick is to add a browser to windows 7 media centre I could do with some help my self on this problem.

Anyone know a simple way to add a browser to windows 7 media centre gis a shout I could do with a hand myself :proud:

Er you did know I was talking about the original xbox and not the 360 didn't you? ;-)

Back