XBMC Streaming games - is the buffering hardware or stream related?

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just watching the Man U WBA game and its a bit stutter like. The quality isn't too bad (definitely watchable) and my bandwidth isn't an issue as Im on a 38MB link, but Im wondering if its the hardware Im streaming through which is a Zotac HTPC box or is it just the stream source which isn't up to it? The game appears to be streamed from a Canadian source - TSN.

Cheers

probably the stream mate

doubt hardware but someone may advise you

Cool thanks, I thought this would be the case.

I have just stumbled across which offers IPTV to pubs via a box, all 380 games with a schedule and channel list. Has anyone else seen this or a better method of getting the stream? I cant imagine they would be setting up smartdns etc for these connections so Im guessing it might be a UK stream? Or re-stream? the link if anyone wants a geek is "pub football box". Also am I right in thinking there aren't many if any good xbmc addons which work well? By this I mean no stutters judders etc?

Cheers

are you using a paid for sub like offside streams ? as this is whats called 3rd party restream .
if you are using the free streams built into the xbmc plugins well free is what free is some work some don.t some ok some sh$t
if you are looking for paid for sub for epl there are a few around i posted a site up yesterday that has xbmc plug in available but you will need to use a vpn to access it
i would avoid aljazeera at the moment all are having problems
you could try premier league pass new zealand site so all english com need new zealand ip to sign up then sub to overplay smart dns
apparently this is good .
just need to add vpn or smartdns info to your box or router to download the app and to stream on matchday

I pay for offsidestreams.great picture, may buffer once for a few seconds during a match and u get movie channels and other sport channels as well for a fiver pm

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

I pay for offsidestreams.great picture, may buffer once for a few seconds during a match and u get movie channels and other sport channels as well for a fiver pm

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Its not just a fiver a month though is it? As I thought you needed smart dns also?

Cheers

Hi Shabs how are you doin xbmc for live footy has gone fooked for the last couple of weeks however I found an awesome alternative wiziwig and acestreams software

Hi Shabs how are you doin xbmc for live footy has gone fooked for the last couple of weeks however I found an awesome alternative wiziwig and acestreams software

Evening boss!! You say its fooked, I was messing with it about 30 mins ago on Sly Sports 1 the quality was really good which I was surprised with. It'll probably get worse as matches start and more people use it but I must admit it was very watchable.

Just looking at these futubox ip streams, will check out acestreams a sec :)

Lovely stream on xbmc of the Everton game at the moment,its under Football4U in navi-x user whulee list

Lovely stream on xbmc of the Everton game at the moment,its under Football4U in navi-x user whulee list

Hasn't kicked off yet??? Might get worse as more people connect when it actually starts?

watched the game on wizwig/acesports hd qaulity nice as you probably know the xbmc comunity is a right mess at the mo however over the weekend support for live football improved loads

"Just looking at these futubox ip streams" <-----whats this

"Just looking at these futubox ip streams" <-----whats this

Well this is it, Im not sure. It appears to be an IPTV stream (subscription based) and the channel list isn't massive but I think you can get a trial to test. I didn't get much further than signing up. What I fear is the market is about to get flooded with IPTV services all offering this and that - but can they perform.. We shall see

Also I think it can tie into XBMC with EPG. Ideally what I am trying to achieve is everything in XBMC and running reliably - but where's the fun in it just working :)

Back