x264 on xbox

tigro

Inactive User
Reaction score
is there a way to get x264 video files to play on the xbox media centre without skipping and jumping, or is it not possible?

The processor/Video card is just to slow to run x264 files :( shame as it is a brill media center.

Also the standard Xbox does not have HD connection, so will not get true HD playing these files

you can get a component cable for xbox1 and you can upscale movies to hd but like you say not fast enough fo hd files

yeah i know wont play true HD, as for not playing hd tv rips, bugger! never mind thanks anyway

Any way of upgrading the memory on the xbox???

Technically yes, there was a company in the US offering it and there are details on the web on which chips need replacing and what ones you need.

However the chips are surface mounted and unless you got the right tools it will impossible. I would not try to do at home with a soldering iron.

Nothing to do with RAM... its to do with bitrate and cpu/gpu simply cannot handle the throughput.

I play x264 encoded files on my original xbox and they're fine. You just need the right encoder options. I think MeGUI has a profile that works. I've done loads of encodes and they all play smooth.

Back