World Cup 2010 - Which players to watch out for?

DiamondGeezer

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Which players do you think are going to hit the football world by storm?

Lionel Messi still only 22 and potential has the ability to become the best player of all has not really done it at international level but always producing the goods for Barcelona but time is on his side to become the best ever - me personally I hope his has a fantastic world cup (apart if the argies meet Englang on the way)

Most EPL players are well know but I'm looking for some relatively unknown players from around the world

For starters I like the look of this lad Arda Turan

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf6y3mJT0h0]YouTube - Arda Turan *HD*[/ame]

so which relatively unknown players are the one to watch out for?

arda looks like a very technical gifted player but he wont be showing off his skills in the world cup cuz turkey have not qualified

my player to look out for would be sandro of brazil...spurs have signed him, he plays in midfiled and is a strong and aggresive player

pedro of barcelona & spain is another young talent...but i doubt he would get a game as spain have a very very strong squad

arda looks like a very technical gifted player but he wont be showing off his skills in the world cup cuz turkey have not qualified

my player to look out for would be sandro of brazil...spurs have signed him, he plays in midfiled and is a strong and aggresive player

pedro of barcelona & spain is another young talent...but i doubt he would get a game as spain have a very very strong squad

ha ha I well overlooked that, didn't even give it a thought they hadn't qualified - I'm never going to win the works WC fantasy football

reagrds to Sandro I don't think he made preliminary squad - but I could be wrong

angel di maria of argentina/benfica... i've never seen him play but he is very highly rated..

Theo Walcott!!! Only joking lol. So far we have players mentioned who are either already superstar world class players, players whose national team didn't qualify and players who you haven't seen play lol.....I think it's a safe bet that Messi will prove himself on the biggest stage of them all as pretty much the worlds best player. Because he most certainly is.

As for players to watch out for who could have a good world cup and take the tournament by surprise - I'm feeling patriotic and he's had a great season in the Premiership so I pick Darren Bent. He can finish, he has pace, he's an unknown quantity in the England team, he's playing with and against better players in the big time - it's his defining moment and he could do well and be the surprise of the tournament.

Theo Walcott!!! Only joking lol. So far we have players mentioned who are either already superstar world class players, players whose national team didn't qualify and players who you haven't seen play lol.....I think it's a safe bet that Messi will prove himself on the biggest stage of them all as pretty much the worlds best player. Because he most certainly is.

As for players to watch out for who could have a good world cup and take the tournament by surprise - I'm feeling patriotic and he's had a great season in the Premiership so I pick Darren Bent. He can finish, he has pace, he's an unknown quantity in the England team, he's playing with and against better players in the big time - it's his defining moment and he could do well and be the surprise of the tournament.

that was my bad on Turan, wasn't quite with it last night but didn't think twice that Turkey hadn't qualified :blushing:

Hope Messi brings his clubs form onto the world stage though

If Bent does make the final 23 I can't see him getting many minutes to be honest but he has the potential

An outsider for England could be Adam Johnson - not really heard off around the world but has looked impressive in his short time at Man City but like Bent if he goes can't see him getting many minutes

Gonzalo Higua may be one to look out for got roughly a 2 to 1 ratio of goals for Real Madrid, just played 4 games for Argentina and has 2 goals

That Hernandez for Mexico (one man united bought) might be interesting, will see him in action against England in friendly.
He's got 7 caps and 4 goals.

that was my bad on Turan, wasn't quite with it last night but didn't think twice that Turkey hadn't qualified :blushing:

Hope Messi brings his clubs form onto the world stage though

If Bent does make the final 23 I can't see him getting many minutes to be honest but he has the potential

An outsider for England could be Adam Johnson - not really heard off around the world but has looked impressive in his short time at Man City but like Bent if he goes can't see him getting many minutes

Gonzalo Higua may be one to look out for got roughly a 2 to 1 ratio of goals for Real Madrid, just played 4 games for Argentina and has 2 goals

Never know mate, never know. If Capello is true to his word that he picks his players in this tournament based on merit and not name value then one of the Tottenham lads is going to be paired alonside Terry and Rio is on bench warming duties as he's been poor on the few occasions he's played all season long. Shouldn't even be going really but if I say that about Rio then I'd have to say the same for Joe Cole except Cole is a vital player for us and has been playing pretty well when he has played. Rio not so much.

ha ha I well overlooked that, didn't even give it a thought they hadn't qualified - I'm never going to win the works WC fantasy football

reagrds to Sandro I don't think he made preliminary squad - but I could be wrong

sandro has made it into the brazil premliminary squad, but it remains to be seen whether he makes the final cut

regarding higuain he has been around for 2 seasons banging in the goals for real madrid left, right and centre...he is a top top player

but i think maradona will go with tevez & diego milito of inter milan as his front 2...higuain will have to do with a place on the bench

sandro has made it into the brazil premliminary squad, but it remains to be seen whether he makes the final cut

regarding higuain he has been around for 2 seasons banging in the goals for real madrid left, right and centre...he is a top top player

but i think maradona will go with tevez & diego milito of inter milan as his front 2...higuain will have to do with a place on the bench

your right he was in the premliminary squad but looks like his missed out on the final 23 according to the notw
SANDRO GETS HELP AHEAD OF SPURS SWITCH | News Of The World

That Hernandez for Mexico (one man united bought) might be interesting, will see him in action against England in friendly.
He's got 7 caps and 4 goals.

Same here mate, am very intrigued to see the kid against England as thats the type of players he'll be up against when he makes it in to the first team.

Back