wordpress plugin problems

telsave

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hi M8's

Any wordprss experts out there who would like to help a dear old man (well me really)?

I have installed the wp-booklet plugin and all settings are OK they report

Can server convert =Yes
Ghostscript and Imagemegick both working
Is upload direct writable = Yes
I have lifted the page limit from 10 pages only to unlimited

I uploaded a PDF file and programme gave me a short code, however when I entered this onto the WP page and made it live it reported Booklet is empty or doesn't exist.

Then I remembered that I had some security on the file so removed that and tried again. Once more it went through the motions and on publishing returned a shortcode. When I placed this on a WP page and published that page again nothing appeared. I have tried another pdf file this morning and it is still processing pdf after about an hour. If I load a one-page document that is successful in processing, producing short code and being published visibly on a WP page.

What I am trying to do is to produce pdf files that appear on the page as booklets where the pages can be turned for reading rather than take readers away from the site to download the PDF file in order to read it.

Has anyone got any suggestions what I may be doing wrong or any other ideas how I may achieve what I want to do.

I put this query onto the plugin help forum but as usual no replies have come in so I turn to those who know and are always willing to help.

I appreciate any sort of help.

The error appears at http://eac.eu.com/standards-ethics/ptsac/

regards

Have you checked it's compatable with your version of Wordpress? It's only been tested up to 3.8.3?

It's also very resource-hungry on the server side so try a small number of pages, split the PDF up and add, say, five pages at a time to the booklet.

I have to say I'm not right impressed, if I wanted to do that I'd probably convert the pages to images and bung then in a photo-album TBH.

Hi M8 Thanks for this I never thought about converting the pages to images could try that although it will take a bit of doing.

Can I say that I was convinced when my wife was watching the Eurovision results that I had seen the winner before then I suddenly turned round and said to her "Not just winning the Eurovision but a computer wizard also" :)

Your help much appreciated.

Hi M8 Thanks for this I never thought about converting the pages to images could try that although it will take a bit of doing.

Can I say that I was convinced when my wife was watching the Eurovision results that I had seen the winner before then I suddenly turned round and said to her "Not just winning the Eurovision but a computer wizard also" :)

Your help much appreciated.

Lol. Thing is, all the wp-booklet plugin is doing is converting PDF to image. The problem I've found with it is it's kinda restricted by the theme and version of Wordpress? You can do better yourself IMHO.

Wpp+ I use, fits in with most themes :)

Back