Wntd Cheap Car Insurance!!!

davee987

Member ++
Reaction score
hi there im looking for cheap car insurance for my mates son who is 18 yrs old on a 54 plate vauxhall corsa 1.2 sxi
i mean he said he got quoted £3000 the cheapest. lol thats a bit too much
any ideas of how to get it down to about a 1000 maybe by using other drivers or a recommended company
any help would be appreciated.

thanx in advance

I would suggest to get a quote from MoneySuperMarket website they will compare most of the insurance companies and then have a look on Quidco website to see where you can get maximum cashback. You can also try ScreenTrade and QuinnDirect, they do cheap insurance deals for young drirver.
Hope this helps

Would do the same as Geordie, use multiple insurance search engines which will give you ball park figures, confused.com , carsupermarket or what ever it is called etc and then use quidco to shave some more of it.

Has he bought it yet? If not then tell him to get an older car.

I don't know why but newer cars (Much safer cars with ABs, power steering) cost more to insure than older card without these features.

The money he saves on getting an older car he can pay his insurance off.

Nothing newer than a 2001 i would say

Has he done pass-plus? Probably worth doing if the insurance is going to be so much. Its only 6 hours and you get the certificate, which (apparantly) gives you 30-50% off.

get insurance in his name, with an older woman eg mum with no points or claims as second driver my insurance halved doing this.

or get insurance in another name and him as named driver :)

been mentioned a few times on here: confused.com

very similar to moneysupermarket.com

i am with sainsbury's and teh y were £200 cheaper than everywhere else.

3 series BMW coupe, year 2000 i pay about £400 fully comp

I was in this situation recently.

I bought an 02 Corsa SXI last month. Cheapest quote I got was £970. That was with a company called Liverpool Victoria.

I think they're quite a big company cos they've got quite a few ads in the Yellow Pages.

Compare quotes from...

I compare quotes from the following sites:

http://www.confused.com/

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/motor/

http://www.gocompare.com/car-insurance/default.aspx

Then go to some insurers sites directly that the comparison sites might miss out,

i.e. Direct Line, Budget, Hastings Direct, Liverpool victoria
Direct line online will give youa cheaper quote that what you'd get when you phone up.

Add a female over 25 onto the policy and this is guaranteed to bring your quote down!

If you insure it in the parents name with the son as a named driver using direct line, the son will also be able to build up his no claims discount. Keeps the cost down until he has enough NCD for his own insurance.

Si

cheers guys got it sorted now. he's paying £980 fully comp as second driver and can build up his no claims discount. also he has free breakdown recovery
oh yh he used co operative insurance

Back