wiring in a light

Koolie

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just putting in a new light the misses has bought from Ikea, and when i took down the existing light i saw this.
http://yfrog.com/b81000928jj

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
My question is:
If the left is neutral and the right is live, and the top (yellow) is earth, what are the three in the middle, are they just isolated? Do i keep them together?

I'm more interested as to what they are and why they're together.

thanks.

Last edited:
As RS2K says keep them together in mains rated connector block, might already be some in the new light. The right(blacks) are the neutral btw not the left, don't get them 2 mixed up lol :FRIGHT: 2 of the reds are the ring mains and the other is the live feed down to the light switch and the black with red is the live feed back from the switch

Last edited:
As RS2K says keep them together in mains rated connector block, might already be some in the new light. The right(blacks) are the neutral btw not the left, don't get them 2 mixed up lol :FRIGHT: 2 of the reds are the ring mains and the other is the live feed down to the light switch and the black with red is the live feed back from the switch

Yeah, that's what i meant, i was looking at it from the perspective of the window (lolz, wing it)

Seriously though, that's what i meant :p
I connected the three reds with a terminator block and the rest was easy as pie.

see piccy link (i can't seem to get pics showing i think imageshack is playing up)

Yfrog Image : yfrog.com/131000929jj

Back