Winter coming up, give your immune system a boost.

Utopie

Inactive User
Reaction score
Got a news letter today from mind body & spirit, thought it was quite interesting.

Source: mindbodyspirit.co.uk newsletter.
---------------------------------------------------------
Supercharge your immune system to tackle the flu.
Philip Weeks, Herbalist & TCM Practitioner

The flu season is upon us and this year there is the added problem of swine flu! Vaccines have been ordered by the government but not everyone is keen to take them. As a herbalist I am interested in what nature has to offer us to optimise our immune system and help deal with the age old problem of flu.

•Consume lots of fresh garlic and onions.
•Avoid sugar - it depletes the immune system and makes you more vulnerable to viruses. Increase antioxidants by eating blueberries.
•Regularly use a broad spectrum Probiotic, which research has shown to help overall immunity.
•Take elderberry extract, very helpful against the flu virus.
•Include in your diet immune tonics such as Echinacea and Astragalas.

And, overall, keep your immune system ‘tip top’ by avoiding stress and taking enough rest.

What strengthens our immune system?

Living yoga and stepping onto your mat on a regular basis can have an incredibly strengthening and positive effect on the immune system. In order to keep deepening that effect we need to look at how we approach life and what our mind and heart are up to energetically whilst we are out and about or even breathing our body and mind into some yoga shapes on our mat....

What I have found when on my mat is that when my heart and mind are distracted and off centre, then this will significantly diminish the effectiveness of all the great benefits that yoga offers back, which includes a positive and strengthening effect to the immune system. But when I approach life and yoga with totality and my undivided presence then the quality of life heightens incredibly and the gifts in return amplify a thousand fold...even if one of those gifts is to be without a cold this Winter!!!

What strengthens our immune system?
Something simple that we do every moment without thought:

Yes you have got it - our breath - and if we are totally with it when we are offering our time to it, absorbed with its beauty then the gifts back to our being on every level are immense in such a wonderful wonderful way!

So in order to beat those Winter blues the prescription for our life should be: "Its not what we do but it is the way that we do it!"

Back