Windows XP Desktop computer

@miggy how did you get on after pal, all sorted?

fireblade2.

Last edited by a moderator:
will reply after sourcing new Man U kit

:Cheers:

@miggy how did you get on after pal, all sorted?

fireblade2.

It is working a lot better now but still rather slow. After scanning with Avast they told me that another antivirus was also running. That antivirus was virgins own Pc guard not Norton as suspected. My problem now is I cannot remove pc guard no matter what so I am stuck with a slow computer for now.

have you tried total uninstaller or the like

Why don't you backup your important documents and format the dive. Start fresh

works for some i like the challenge to beat it

satisfaction lol

works for some i like the challenge to beat it

satisfaction lol
If I'm in the mood, me too. Safe mode and pure dos mode are great for removing stubborn files/folders.

I agree with @idrob, best thing for it is format and install of windows. You'll be surprised at how fast it can run compared to now.

It is working alot better now but still rather slow. After scanning with Avast they told me that another antivirus was also running. That antivirus was virgins own Pc guard not Norton as suspected. My problem now is I cannot remove pc guard no matter what so I am stuck with a slow computer for now.

@miggy i am happy to hear that its working alot better pal, i will recomend a program for you, have used it many times my self and its pretty good, with this program it does not just remove the program, after its removed the program it will scan the computer also the registry for files which are left over then reomve them, this program is also free :) hope you have a bit more luck with this pal,

Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs easily, Forced Uninstall, Leftovers Uninstaller, Portable Uninstaller

firerblade2.

It is working a lot better now but still rather slow. After scanning with Avast they told me that another antivirus was also running. That antivirus was virgins own Pc guard not Norton as suspected. My problem now is I cannot remove pc guard no matter what so I am stuck with a slow computer for now.

Would you believe Virgin Media also do an uninstaller for there products. Got to be worth a try.

h**p://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Instructions-for-uninstalling-Virgin-Media-Security/td-p/580553

There's even a Microsoft Cleanup utility should that fail

Would you believe Virgin Media also do an uninstaller for there products. Got to be worth a try.

h**p://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Instructions-for-uninstalling-Virgin-Media-Security/td-p/580553

There's even a Microsoft Cleanup utility should that fail

I am going to give this Virgin media uninstaller a try later later on. Thanks dave your da man. :thumbsup:

Back