Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition & TT

operaadict

Inactive User
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Tom Tom 6 works on Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition? This is what I have on my Dell X50v PDA.

should do, only way to really find out is to try it !!

Does anyone know if Tom Tom 6 works on Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition? This is what I have on my Dell X50v PDA.

Yes it does, got it working on an Acer N95, only thing i find is it needs to be on charge when used on the acer, ie via cig lighter, assume this is due to the ammount of power it needs to run the program.:Wave:

Thanks, asking as a colleague had said he didn't think TT6 would work with WM"003se.

Thanks, asking as a colleague had said he didn't think TT6 would work with WM"003se.

i have it working on a navman pin 570 that has windows mobile 2003 on. it work with or without being plugged in to charger. on mine you start tomtom then turn on the gps device(simple operation) and it works a treat.

I've got TT6 working on an XDAIIi with win2003 SE no probs.
Picks up sats no issues, only prob i have is the position appears to be slightly behind on the map when i use it.
Not sure if its a settings issue.
Anyone any ideas?

Windows Mobile (Pocket PC) 2003se seems to use more CPU than Windows Mobile 2003 and may cause issues when running TomTom.

I upgraded my Acer N35 to Pocket PC 2003se and TomTom 6 would not work, GPS position jumpped all over (10 mile radius) when moving but stopped when the power was plugged in (not exactly portable). I think it was to do with power management of the CPU rather than Pocket PC 2003se.

Also in 2003se GPS-Gate did not work for logging the GPS data.
In 2003 I could not update the .net compact framework.

For faster processors you should be OK but I wouldn't recommend it for the Acer N35 (266MHz CPU) or slow PDAs.

would it work on my old 02 pda ?

Older PDA's will sometimes struggle with latest versions of software, just like PC's !. To help though, with TT6 and the like, turn off all the POI's, they really slow things down.

Tomtom 7.9 even works on my iPaq rx3715 (windows mobile 2003 se).

Back