Windows 7 is still the world's number one operating system

Im a OS X user now but I still like my Windows machines. I will get shot for saying this but Vista with service pack 2 on a system with a core 2 duo and 4 gig of ram minium wasn't that bad as every says. Windows 7 still is my favourite and is a good OS but Windows 8 is a disaster, its what Windows 10 should have been.

Funnily enough I have an almost identical set-up on my workshop laptop and, as you say it is remarkably solid, though feeling a bit stale now. That said, I also had Vista on a custom desktop ant it was sh*te! Shame us Vista victims don't get the free 10 upgrade- I think they owe us!

Still on my WinXP and Win7 install, working great,

Emo

Im still running windows7 and working liking a beast so no need to upgrade to 10

I'm a Win7 user as well due to it being totally stable for me.

Win 10 should be okay as well going by the pattern of releasing a good OS then bad OS then good OS, etc :)

Been using win7 ultimate, 32 & 64 bit and like them both.

Gonna be a big step to jump to 10, but going to give it a go on one of the machines. Probably the 32bit as its the slowest.

Been using win7 ultimate, 32 & 64 bit and like them both.

Gonna be a big step to jump to 10, but going to give it a go on one of the machines. Probably the 32bit as its the slowest.

By "slowest" do you mean it's the best candidate for a slower PC?

The 32 bit pc, is maxed out with 2gb ram, small pentium mobile processor. If windows 10 can make this one run any faster then its going to be a bonus.

The 32 bit pc, is maxed out with 2gb ram, small pentium mobile processor. If windows 10 can make this one run any faster then its going to be a bonus.
I very much doubt that new win10 can make your machine run faster than if you were to format hdd and do clean/fresh install of win7.

As each iteration of windows is released, so is the general minimum specs on which it can run.

Oh and for record, using 64bit on this machine would not increase speed i'm afraid because Win7 pro can cope with 4gb ram so only if you had more than 4gb ram would it possibly be worth using 64bit.

just checked, minimum specs are same for win7/win10.

Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster

RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)

Free hard disk space: 16 GB

Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver

A Microsoft account and Internet access.

Even the quicker bootup time will all count.

just checked, minimum specs are same for win7/win10.

Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster

RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)

Free hard disk space: 16 GB

Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver

A Microsoft account and Internet access.

Even the quicker bootup time will all count.
LOL! Have you ever tried running a machine on MS's "minimum requirements"? :grayyawn: You need the patience of a saint! :grayyawn: But those requirements seem quite basic, I'm sure I've dumped better!

spamming board will not get you to downloads

We don't feck about ;)

lol

Microsoft confirms there will be no Windows 11

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

I'm honestly kind of surprised that I haven't heard about this - with all the talk of issues in regards to upgrading from XP, it sounds like it might be a bit more practical.

...of course, things never work out so cleanly in practice, but one can hope. Speaking of which, I'm also surprised that people are as optimistic about Windows 10. I've heard about improved performance, but that aside, what is it that's getting a better reception than Win8 did? Are people just more used to the UI now? I personally adored Win7's visual scheme from the minute I saw it and still do, and have been bothered by everything I've seen take on the flatter and plainer "modern" look that seems to be getting so popular, and trying to use the computers of the two people I know that have Windows 8 has been less than pleasant, but maybe I'm just being unnecessarily stubborn.

Oddly enough, I'm also kind of oddly optimistic about Windows 10, but I thing that's just because I want to imagine it'll be what 7 was to Vista after I was one of the many to have issues with the UI changes. I've heard about it being kind of customizable, too, in the sense of being able to mimic 7, but I don't think that'll prevent many like myself from having to take a long while to adjust when they finally make the switch.

i hated windows 8 and 8.1 why make it look blocky and like im on the xbox lol cant stand it windows 7 all the way for me but i will dabble and give others a try and i bet i will always go back to win 7 lol

i hated windows 8 and 8.1 why make it look blocky and like im on the xbox lol cant stand it windows 7 all the way for me but i will dabble and give others a try and i bet i will always go back to win 7 lol

TBH I wasn't keen on it either, it came pre-installed on a HP lappy. But I installed a free app called Classic Start Menu (there are others that do the same) and you'd hardly know it's not Win7 again- with the bonus of 8.1's faster booting. Win win?

tried it even with the start menu and still no good for me its not the same feel as good as win 7

Back