Windows 7 Desktop Gadgets no longer available

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In there utter wisdom they have decided not to carry on doing the windows 7 gadgets any more......

I was after the "network" meter one......

Desktop gadgets

Because we want to focus on the exciting possibilities of the newest version of Windows, the Windows website no longer hosts the gadget gallery.

Gadgets installed from untrusted sources can harm your computer and can access your computer's files, show you objectionable content, or change their behavior at any time. If you are concerned about the safety of gadgets you’ve downloaded in the past, you can learn more about gadgets and steps you can take to protect your PC.

Some info for developers:

You can now use your HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript skills to build Metro style apps for Windows 8 Release Preview. To get started developing Metro style apps, go to Windows Dev Center.

Re: Windows 7 Desktop Gadgets no loner available

here ya go mate

Attachments

• Network_Meter_V8.1.zip
    0 bytes · Views: 11

nice one Holl, thanks for that bud. rep left and the like.

@ noodles...ha! no thanks mate, windows 7 all the way for me now (apart from the modding machine that is which is still xp like...ha!)

cheers

XP will be "out the window" in a few years anyway. :)

I saw this the other day after joining my PC to my domain and resetting my profile. Went to go get some of useful gadgets I had.

I was astounded considering Win7 is still a supported O/S, so i gracefully posted on their nice popup survey what I truly thought of its removal. :)

yeah me too, I couldn't believe that they'd stopped the apps and the like for windows 7...! I thought I'd landed on a spoof site or something at the time.

here ya go mate

I cant get this to show I tried open with gadgets open with side bar but I cant get it to show in gadgets or on the desktop

edogg

XP will be "out the window" in a few years anyway. :)

Mainstream support actually ceased in 2009, service pack support in 2010 and extended support is in 2014, but to be fair extended support isn't really worth talking about as it's just for security updates, no hotfixes etc or if you want to pay astronomical fees to have something investigated (unless you have one of their paid support services)

Back