Win 10 Windows 10 how to

If you have upgraded or installed win 10 and the install is not quite right,

before you re-install, try this in command prompt as admin

this is DISM with system file checker:

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&sfc/scannow&Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc/scannow&pause

Be patient it may take a while, reboot and repeat if necessary

Last edited:
Just got Windows 10 on my pooter and I must say, it is a lot better than 8. It has clearer applications, no sneaky side bars coming out to surprise you, just plain and simple applications. A thumbs up from me. :thumbsup:

fix windows 10

By default, Windows sends a lot of your information to their servers sometimes without asking you to opt-in. Follow this guide to fix Windows 10 and restore your privacy.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

a good AIO program is available to help with Win 10

Windows 10 TNBT the next big tweak V1.7

a good AIO program is available to help with Win 10

Windows 10 TNBT the next big tweak V1.7

This one?

Code:

v1.7
- Disable Windows Search *UPDATED*
- Disable Windows Defender *UPDATED*
- Disable OneDrive *UPDATED*
- Indication for NTFS files *FIXED*
- Hide Searchbar *FIXED*
- Added option to disable hibernation
- Added option to disable automatic Windows Updates
- Added option to disable Windows Error Reporting

I don't think you need to go that far, if you are going to do all that you might as well stick to win 7

Last edited:
he he the general idea for some i believe

Destroy Win 10 Spying Telemetry
says it all

CLk02T5XAAAVGzT.png

Code:

“Hidden tracking services”

Reddit user 10se1ucgo created an app which he says disables the tracking services in Windows 10 and also tweaks the registry in order to block any other processes from tracking your activities while using the operating system, as in addition to the features we can see and disable, there are also some hidden ones working in the background.

"I made my own user-friendly Windows 10 privacy tool for inexperienced users. (Info in comments)"

Code:

DoNotSpy10 Is the World's First Antispy Tool for Windows 10 - Free Download

Control what you share, protect your privacy

A few hours ago, we told you about a third-party app that disables all tracking services in Windows 10, and it was obviously just a matter of time until more such solutions reached the web.

Now, meet DoNotSpy10, the self-proclaimed first antispy tool for Windows 10 that allows you to configure what you share and how tracking services work on your computer.

Basically, this little app was created to let you manage the telemetry services in Windows 10, providing you with access not only to the features that can be controlled from the settings screen of the OS but also to some other services that are used to collect data.
Disable everything

The list of services it controls is absolutely impressive, so for example, DoNotSpy10 lets you disable telemetry, biometris, handwriting data sharing and error reporting, steps recorder, Cortana, sensors, access to the language list, WiFi Sense, OneDrive, and Automatic Windows Updates.

“These services help Microsoft collect usage data and thus to provide a better service. However, collecting and sharing your data with one of the world’s leading technology companies puts your privacy at risk. There are services which are able to record your keyboard input, your speech and any other actions of the user. Others share your WiFi credentials with your contact or connect you to networks shared by your contacts,” the app developer explains.

Obviously, disabling some of these services might limit your access to a number of Windows 10 features, so make sure you check twice before applying any changes to the operating system.

And needless to say, you use it at your own risk, so if you're afraid that something bad can happen to your computer, just create a backup to be on the safe side.

Download DoNotSpy10 for Windows 10
Code:

Code:

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Once your device upgrades to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer and activates online automatically, an entitlement is registered to your PC’s hardware for your edition of Windows 10. (If you go to Settings >> Update & Security >> Activation says “Windows is activated”.) Now you will be able to clean install (i.e. boot from media and install Windows 10) the same edition of Windows 10 seamlessly without having to enter a product key.

1.Make sure your PC is activated by going to the Settings >> Update & Security >> Activation.
If the activation has not completed, you can click the Activate Now button to complete the activation process.

2.Create your installation media for the appropriate edition of Windows 10 by clicking here.

Code:

3.Skip entering the product key during Windows 10 Setup. Windows 10 will activate online automatically on such devices. The skip option is only available when booting from media and launching Windows 10 setup

The automatic online activation will occur seamlessly after clean installing Windows 10 if the device had previously upgraded and activated online, with the same edition of Windows 10.

If you followed the above steps and are experiencing Activation failures, click on Activate Now button in Settings – Update & Security – Activation. If your PC won’t activate, either you clean installed after upgrading without checking if the PC activated after upgrading or directly clean installed Windows 10 on a Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 PC.

You CANNOT activate Windows 10 using a Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key. Upgraded Windows 10 PCs do NOT use unique product keys for Activation – all upgraded Windows 10 PCs use the same generic product key that activates ONLY if you launched upgrade while booted in your Windows 7/8 system.

Keep in mind that if the hardware configuration of your Windows 10 device changes significantly (e.g. motherboard change) Windows 10 may require re-activation on the device. This is the same experience as prior versions of Windows (e.g. Windows 7 and Windows 8.1) and you’ll need to contact Support.
Code:

Telemetry Destroyer v1.4.2 now with script
Script made by compgen 1534 for autounattend installation, etc.

Code:

Script

Code:

It has 0.0.0.0 entries quicker
just hit remove windows spying

here's a list of domains that Send anonymous information to Microsoft

Code:

Last edited:
My Win 10

if i ever get there will be something like this

1 Install Win 10 in the LTSB-N version

2 Install classic shell

3 Instal Vivaldi, Opera 11/12, and Operamail

4 Install Klite codecs with MPC-HC

5 Remove telemetry, defender, onedrive and any other "modern" crap

6 instal 7sidebar

7 enable the quicklaunch

8 Enable all the hidden icons on desktop, show hidden files, and unhide the file extensions

9 Install vmware to run WMC.

lol

How to Use All of Windows 10’s Backup and Recovery Tools

Windows 10 includes many different backup tools. Microsoft has restored the old Windows Backup tool removed from Windows 8.1, and File History is still around. But those are just the tip of the iceberg.

The latest version of Windows also includes way to back up and restore system images, wipe your computer to its default state, store files online, and make recovery drives you can use in case of emergency.

Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Macrium Reflect Free

Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Portable Software Applications that run from USB

Free Portable Software to Carry with you on a USB Flash Drive
Code:

How To Delete Windows 10 Bloatware & Default Apps

Of course, you might not want to remove critical (or at least universally useful) apps like Camera and Mail. However, if you prefer using a third-party alternative to these services, the pre-installed apps might fall under the category of Windows 10 bloatware in your book.

•Go to the search menu in Windows 10, and type ‘PowerShell’. Click on the relevant search result.
•Wait for the command prompt to show up fully.
•Type in any of the commands listed below.
•Press ‘Enter’ and that’s it. The changes should take effect automatically.

So, here is the Windows 10 bloatware removal list we have been rattling on about

Uninstall the Bing News & Weather apps
Get-AppxPackage *bing* | Remove-AppxPackage

While the above commands help remove Windows 10 bloatware, you can also use them to avoid other problems. For example, it has been reported that Windows 10 cycles even your hidden photos through your desktop. Removing the Photos app is sure to fix it. Do take care though, since it might be a real pain in the neck getting any of these apps back.

For more click below link

Code:

i hate bloatware, cloggs up laptop/pc so much, just makes me mad when i cant get rid of it..only way i found is a clean freash installation, delete or reformat drive completely..lookout for a new laptop but cant decide what to get lol....why do they put so much crap on...

if you dont want the crap try 10 Enterprise LTSB N 64-bit as an option
It comes without Edge or Cortana, without the Photos app, without Windows Media Player, Camera, Music, TV & Movies, Skype and so on.

No store or apps at all.

Modern apps are replaced with 'programs' before they became 'apps' - for example: the classic calculator is there instead of the less-smart 'Calc' app.

The classic Photo Viewer is also in the system (instead of the 'Photos' app). However, you will need a registry tweak in order to make it appear under the 'Open With' list as by default it's hidden.

not perfect but lot better than the full bloatware crap

lookout for a new laptop but cant decide what to get lol....why do they put so much crap on...

I haven't been looking at the progress in technology of computers for a few years, but if it hasn't changed much from the last time I looked, then start by looking at the laptops with the i3, i5, or the i7 processors

Same here my Toshiba is intel core 2 duo....after that I'm not too much updated on the types available, I7 I presume are latest but expensive...will keep a lookout

Back