Win10 store stopped working

pendragon

Inactive User
Reaction score
After a recent of my win10 pc, the start menu stopped working. I managed to fix that but now my Windows 10 store has stopped working, but there is still a blank space on the desktop where the store icon used to be. Does anyone know how to fix this.

You'll find windows store apps are broke too. I had it a lot at first. There's guides for resetting the store cache.

I created a new user account which also fixed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

created a new user account which also fixed it

Visit the Microsoft web page and click on the violet Run button. Once you do this, the following think will be checked:
1] If the registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\CurrentVersion (REG_DWORD) equals 6.3.
2] If the solution is found to be applicable to your system, then the following step will be taken to fix the Windows Store issue:
The program wsreset.exe will be run with Command line args.
When you run this automated fix, you will see Windows Store open up and a command prompt window open up. This will indicate the solution is being run. So after upgrading to Windows 10, if you find that the Windows Store is not working or opening, go run this troubleshooter from Microsoft.
You can also try the new Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter for Windows 10 and see if it helps you. Or you can reinstall Windows 10 Store & fix the issue of missing Windows Store.

Regards,
Joseph Paul

Back