Wii U - Nintendo Unveils New Home Console

Microsoft's Shane Kim has bluntly stated that “We firmly believe that the Xbox 360 has a life cycle through 2015,” basically announcing to the world that all speculation should cool off for the next three to four years.

Sony has made similar statements, talking about a ten-year life time cycle for the PlayStation 3.

Source: E3: No New Microsoft Console Until 2015 - Softpedia

Not sure they will be doing much with it on a PC, can't see the family and friends gathering round in the office for a go on it.

SDK is now officially by MS and expect apps to be available later this year. At the moment people are just playing with it to see what's possible,

5 Microsoft Xbox Kinect Hacks That’ll Blow Your Mind

Delays are usually things which apply to other companies like MS; Nintendo normally know exactly what they are doing and where they are going as far as hardware development is concerned. Wii U has been under development for 3 years.

Anybody who know anything about technology will realise that any product can be delayed at any or time or be subject of product recall, especially if its ground breaking. Nintendo is not immune to this, at least two items delayed by nintendo

Nintendo: Wii Vitality Sensor delayed to fit most gamers | Electronista

FT.com / Technology - Nintendo delays launch of 3D console

Anything else is just pure speculation and guess work.

Agreed

SDK is now officially by MS and expect apps to be available later this year. At the moment people are just playing with it to see what's possible,

5 Microsoft Xbox Kinect Hacks That’ll Blow Your Mind

Anybody who know anything about technology will realise that any product can be delayed at any or time or be subject of product recall, especially if its ground breaking. Nintendo is not immune to this, at least two items delayed by nintendo

Nintendo: Wii Vitality Sensor delayed to fit most gamers | Electronista

FT.com / Technology - Nintendo delays launch of 3D console

Agreed

Well, let's be fair mate, Nintendo has not got a reputation for delays, recalls or shoddy hardware, that's Microsoft's and Sony's game. So you can't apply their poor form to Nintendo and predict an immanent doomed launch date based on the history of 2 other companies.

Vitality sensor? lol, never even appeared on my radar that one, and the 3DS was only delayed because of stocking problems because of Christmas time - Wii U's Spring time launching won't suffer that problem.

Sounds like you're struggling to say anything positive! The negativity is based on no facts. No idea why like... Take it you seen the post above about MS and Sony both saying 2015 ;)

Well, let's be fair mate, Nintendo has not got a reputation for delays, recalls or shoddy hardware, that's Microsoft's and Sony's game. So you can't apply their poor form to Nintendo and predict an immanent doomed launch date based on the history of 2 other companies.

Vitality sensor? lol, never even appeared on my radar that one, and the 3DS was only delayed because of stocking problems because of Christmas time - Wii U's Spring time launching won't suffer that problem.

Sounds like you're struggling to say anything positive! The negativity is based on no facts. No idea why like... Take it you seen the post above about MS and Sony both saying 2015 ;)

All I'll say is that I am not holding my breath and I definitely won't be buying one at launch.

BTW, FYI I only own one gaming console and its a wii so I'm not anti nintendo, just your average consumer.

Wii U Close-Up

Apparently, the press are struggling with the concept of the new Wii U console. Yesterday, the Daily Star wrote a story on their website, titled "Nintendo reveal new Wii Controller" :proud:

The confusion is thought to be down to Nintendo being cagey about not letting the press get up close to the actual unit.

Here's a shaky close up. It looks a lot 'meatier' than the Wii.

YouTube - ‪Kotaku Goes Hands on with the Wii U Console‬‏

Back