Wii Browser Up And Running

maggot

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey guys this post is comming from my wii i woke this morning downloaded and installed and as u can c it works fine just a little slow

hey guys this post is comming from my wii i woke this morning downloaded and installed and as u can c it works fine just a little slow

is it 500 points the full browser m8 if so how much is 500 points in money gbp?

Runs fast on my wii , still the text is too small even on me 42" tv and using the zoom function on the browser software .

And from nintendo site:
"The final version of the Opera browser will be available at the end of March 2007, and will be free for all Wii owners to download through the end of June. After June 2007, the browser will be available for download in the Wii Shop Channel for 500 Wii Points."

As for point values , a 2000 point card retails @ £14.99 so it would be about £3.75

Just had a play with it and have to agree that the text is too small for it to be useful. Anyone tried streaming content? From what I've seen so far flash plays but that's it, so at that moment I'd have to say it has a little novelty value but basically is a waste of space.

Just had a play with it and have to agree that the text is too small for it to be useful. Anyone tried streaming content? From what I've seen so far flash plays but that's it, so at that moment I'd have to say it has a little novelty value but basically is a waste of space.

I also had a look and tend to agree it is nothing more a novelty, totally dislike the white background on pages and txt impossible to read without using the zoom feature, i'm using a 37" TV.

I normally love it when there's an update or a Wii-mail arrived, but I wasnt too impressed lastnight after a skinfull at the works night out, I thought I was been visited by aliens.

I agree. I think that the Wii browser could be a usful tool for a few people, people without a PC (but if you have a net conection your probably gonna have a PC) but mainly older people who are scared of computers who I think will like the solid feeling point and click interface.

But for the rest of us, it isnt a patch on the PC experience. Maybe this is a snap judgement though and I will find a convient use for it.

mines keeps crashing on me...doing my nut in

I normally love it when there's an update or a Wii-mail arrived, but I wasnt too impressed lastnight after a skinfull at the works night out, I thought I was been visited by aliens.

I agree. I think that the Wii browser could be a usful tool for a few people, people without a PC (but if you have a net conection your probably gonna have a PC) but mainly older people who are scared of computers who I think will like the solid feeling point and click interface.

But for the rest of us, it isnt a patch on the PC experience. Maybe this is a snap judgement though and I will find a convient use for it.

yeah true but this would be usefull if you have your wii upstairs in a bedroom adds the net to another room then.

Ahhh, heres one for you. I remembered before the release there were people making flash games specificly for the Wii. By the look of it there a re quite a few sites out there offering Wii Flash Arcades, heres just one of them.

http://www.wii-play.com/arcade_main.asp

the browser is free at the moment (0 points)
its deffo to small to read most things unless you press 2 on the remote and that makes everything bigger but also moves it all about so it reads like a mobile phone internet

Back