Wierd

mastichick

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

Got a wierd problem with a 2000 box. We are lucky we are still going N3 hasnt got here yet and as far as I know no ones been issued new cards yet. In fact couple of friends had new installs and got rom11 cards.

Anyway our area is all on 3.7 but have a friend with the above box who is still on 3.6 and he has lost sports 4 I think and sports news the reat work fine. Tried updating it to 3.7 via forced update and pulling jumper but numbers roll and everything but stays on 3.6. Have even reconnected T/B. Anyone any ideas.

Another friend has allready posted on here regarding a 4000 box he picked up and he couldnt set netid but Ive managed to set netid and freq for him but it boots up and sits on TW logo and we are CW. It says NTL on front and there is no other ID like 4000t or anything. Its stuck on CR4 and Ive reconnected T/B but no good.

In EM comes up failed to lease address.

Am I right in thinking this will not work in CW even though netid has been set.

Any help appreciated

Regards

the 4000 box sounds like its had the "samsung/toshiba chip flashed with TW software.
i have 2 x 4000N's with TW reflashed and both are stuck on the loading data page.
i can tell you you might as well bin it unless you can reflash the chip with new 3.7 SW.

i through mine as i just couldnt be arsed with only months to go before the big bang!!.

Hi

Seems like it, Im sure he said it was working b4 the 3.7 update. Anyway he wanted me to change netid which he couldnt manage and after a lot of messing about managed to set it with libby. So I`l just give ot him back and he can do what he wants with it.

Any ideas on the 2000. I must have pulled jumper and reset 5/6 times numbers roll and just goes to 3.6. Noticed the atmels are on the 2nd pads and since pulling that jumper as well is difficult boot up will stick on pace now till you pull 2nd jumper which will boot up to 8888 but when you put jumper back will boot up as normal but after power is pulled will stick on pace till you repeat above sequence....was allright before apart fro being stuck on 3.6

Thanks

Is it originally from a TW area?

can be solved by flashing it with 3.7 dump but if you have never done it then not worth it...also doubt you will find anyone lifting the atmels off a 2000 just to obtain a dump for you

Hi

Dont know if the 2000 is originally from TW just stumped as the guy has used it for a while about a year or so and has updated b4 with no probs just this time its not taking the 3.7 update. Just says N*L on front.

The 4000 again says N*L on front and underneath doesnt say anything like
di4000t again hes used it for a couple of months but has stopped working recently and it boots up with TW logo and says updating but just sits there and has cr4 on it.

Regards

Back