wierd windscreen wiper problem

dilly1066

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hiya, i have the most annoying wiper problem, my wipers when set to go off every 5 seconds or how ever long it is dont go all the way up and down, they will stop while in the up postion and then on next cycle will stop when there down, so its only doing half the wipe its meant to, all continious settings will work ok unless i turn the wipers off when there at the top then they will stay there, i have to time it to turn them off so there at the bottom where they should be, but the wierd thing is it only happens at winter time when its cold, if i left it until summer again then the wipers would go back to normal, but then as soon as the winter, cold days and nights start drawing in then this prob;lem starts again, anybody got any idea what could be causing this to happen ? thanks

Telling us what car be a good start LOL :D

Id think bad earth or relay mate, but will see what others say.

Probably the wiper timer, relay or the circuit board and the connections expand in the heat then contract in the cold therefore loosening the connection/solder.

What car is it?

Telling us what car be a good start LOL :D

Id think bad earth or relay mate, but will see what others say.

it must be because its late lol, or thats my excuse, its a astra sri 1.8 2003 model, somebody else has said relay to me aswell, thanks

Probably the wiper timer, relay or the circuit board and the connections expand in the heat then contract in the cold therefore loosening the connection/solder.

What car is it?

i was thinking maybe a loose connection or poor solder joint somewhere, but wasnt sure where to start looking, thanks

sounds to me like the park mechanism on the motor. Usually means a new motor unfortunately.

hiya, ive had the relay out this morning, sprayed it with some bright spark and gave it a good clean and let it dry off, looked quite clean anyway to be honest but thought it cant hurt but still doing the same thing, so it looks like a motor problem then ? thanks

Back