Widescreen Switching Problem?

theequalizer

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok spent all day on this one, so any help would be appreciated!

My dm500s is setup in 16:9

When a channel switches from 16:9 to 4:3 everything is ok and the image switches to 4:3 on my 16:9 TV.

When a channel switches from 4:3 to 16:9 my tv 'turns off' scart1 input and cycles through inputs.
I then have to manually select scart1 to get the 16:9 picture back.
This can be infuriating on channels like nat geo when the programme may be in 4:3 and ads in 16:9.
This means everytime it goes 4:3 to 16:9 I have to manually select scart1 as input everytime.

If I do this with my freeview box using the SAME scart cable in the same socket, then everything is fine! (4:3 to 16:9,16:9 to 4:3)

So I know it's something to do with the dreambox,but I can't work it out!
Any help???

forgot to add as well when the picture switches back from 16:9 (no picture unless i select it) back to 4:3 the picture comes back on!

That was my last choice.

Because I would lose all sats and settings etc.

Also I thought gemini was best, so I wouldn't know which other image to try.

I know it must be something or nothing, thats the infuriating thing.

gemini is a canny image but might be currupt file downloaded. i prefer nabilosat far better in my eyes.

you can back up your channels/bouqets you know then just send them back takes about 2mins and saves time scanning.

have you checked all of settings in menu---setup---system setup---av settings?

yep it's say 16:9.

I know it's something to do with the 16:9 switching.

I've tested the scart and tv and they are ok.

I've givin up for tonight,but i'm going to try again in the morning.

If no-one else has any ideas by tomorrow morning, I may try reflashing the box.

Further to the last I was wondering if the psu is giving enough power/failing.

I have read elsewhere that 12v 1amp psu (which came with my clone box) is no good and you should have a 1.5 or 2 amp psu if it's in use with diseqc motor.

Can anyone verify this? and if you are using a dm500s what amp psu you are using.

cant really see that being the problem,i always used my dreambox with just a shaver adapter and that always worked ok. have you disabled the wss option in av setting to see if that helps?

yes tried that and it didn't work.

But this morning it's working ok?!?!?!?

I noticed that the psu isn't whining when I switched it on this morning. (switch it off at night)
It ususally whines for the 1st minute before I switch the box on.

I still think it's something to do with the psu.

Next time it stops working (probably later when i have moved the dish a few times) I may try and get the multimeter on it.

bizzarely found this via google on digital world!

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/5743/6

Q: There has been many problems with Dreamboxes power supply. What are they? And how do I address them?
A: Some Dreamboxes come with a 12v 1 amp power supply , this is very weak and may damage your dreambox, if you buy a dreambox buy a 12v with 3 amps power supply, as this will not cause problems and keep your box running longer. But check before you buy a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back